Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My case is a little bit unique. I did have a working experience for 3.5 years before abroad before I continued my master degree in Australia. After I finished my master degree, currently I am working in a company in Australia and this month it is exactly 1 year. Before I also did my skill assessment with ACS but only my degree without any experience for the purpose of my Skill Graduated visa (subclass 485). It is important to note that my 3.5 years’ experience abroad, my master degree and my 1 year Australian experience are all related.

In regard to visa subclass 189, I have several questions:
1. Can I claim my 3.5 years overseas working experience? Some people do mention that experience before degree is invalid. Is this correct?
2. Can I claim my 1 year Australian working experience? This experience comes after my formal degree. Will ACS deduct my experience by 2 years?
3. Should I access my degree and experience again under ACS (in which I need to pay another $450) or it is ok for me to just use my ACS Skill Assessment before (only degree without experience) and still claiming 5 points for 1 year Australian working experience? I am willing to provide all the evidence and reference because currently I am working here.

Thank you.

Regards,
oraclrock

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody replies yet. I believe 2 years deduction information is useful for everybody.

Waiting for the answer, especially from Moderator and/or expert.

·
Registered
90 Posts
nobody replies yet. I believe 2 years deduction information is useful for everybody.

Waiting for the answer, especially from Moderator and/or expert.
Hi,
Whatever qualification you will show to claim points, experience will be considered after that qualification and DIAC will deduct your initial experience as below,

If Bachelor Degree with Major ICT then 2 years only will be deducted,
Else 4-6 years will be deducted.

Go through page no- 7 & 8 on below link for more information.
http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
49 Posts
1. Can I claim my 3.5 years overseas working experience? Some people do mention that experience before degree is invalid. Is this correct?

From backreading, experience before degree is invalid or not countable, this is my opinion only. I could be wrong.

2. Can I claim my 1 year Australian working experience? This experience comes after my formal degree.

YES

3. Should I access my degree and experience again under ACS (in which I need to pay another $450) or it is ok for me to just use my ACS Skill Assessment before (only degree without experience) and still claiming 5 points for 1 year Australian working experience? I am willing to provide all the evidence and reference because currently I am working here.

Yes, why not. And No, it's up to you too. Forget the money if you badly need something, you have shell out something too. Maybe kiss is free, not visa.

·
Registered
90 Posts

From backreading, experience before degree is invalid or not countable, this is my opinion only. I could be wrong.

2. Can I claim my 1 year Australian working experience? This experience comes after my formal degree.

YES

Yes, why not. And No, it's up to you too. Forget the money if you badly need something, you have shell out something too. Maybe kiss is free, not visa.

Hi,
You need to mention everything about you to get some suggestions. Please provide below,
And also share the information if you have done degree only or there was any additional graudation/ Diploma before starting work.

When did you complete below,
Secondary Education:
Graduation:
Work start date:

I am afraid that may be you won't be able to claim 5 points against Australian work ex. As ACS will deduct your initial two years of experience after your degree and Australian work ex will be deducted there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts