Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can someone please clarify the following for me?

in newbienz thread regarding his musings on PR, he explained the following:
Claiming points for experience beyond the assessment date given by ACS

This is an area where members tend to make a mistake
You can claim points for experience beyond ACS assessment date only if you are working in the same company, Designation, RNR and location.
You should also be in a position to get a fresh current date reference letter from the company confirming the same, if asked by the CO

If even any one of the above parameters change, you should enter the end date and stop claiming points.
Start a new entry from the next date same as above but this time mark it as NON relevant and leave the TO DATE Blank
If you still want to claim points, get your self reassessed again
I have also seen this mentioned on another thread (that I now can't find). However I can't find any official policy/documentation on this? Does anyone know where this comes from?

The reason being my skills assessment came back with 11 months (start month rounded up), but I continued to work in the same position for a further 3 months, which should cover me if the above is true...however I would like to confirm/deny this and if ACS are willing, get them to reassess with the following 3 months experience.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I don't know if there is a writeup about this rule anywhere on DIBP website, but know for sure that this has worked for many in the past and works even today, so yes, what newbienz has written is correct. If you ask ACS, they'll ask you to get re-assessed though (they've also said so in their FAQ).

The only official place where you get a hint of this is in your EOI: for the "To Date" field: the skillSelect help system asks you to leave it blank if this is your current employment and the system then automatically upgrades your points when you cross the threshold required to earn those points (1 year in your case of onshore experience). Fire it up (click the "?" icon besides "To Date"), read it and see for yourself if it further elaborates this situation and about rightfully earning more points by leaving this field blank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts