Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have completed my EA assessment and got accredited as an Electrical engineer but my work experience was rejected due to lack of 3rd party evidence such as tax papers.

when i submit my EOI to DIBP can i claim 5 points for work experience, eventhough EA rejected it? will DIBP accept it? (i've got reference papers from my employer stating my period of employment)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have completed my EA assessment and got accredited as an Electrical engineer but my work experience was rejected due to lack of 3rd party evidence such as tax papers.

when i submit my EOI to DIBP can i claim 5 points for work experience, eventhough EA rejected it? will DIBP accept it? (i've got reference papers from my employer stating my period of employment)
You can. But there are various opinions regarding this.

You don't do RSEA but claim it directly with DIBP : This way you can claim all your work exp points with DIBP as usually EA deduct some years. Since, experience is not mandatory in EA MSA unlike ACS, hence it is possible and RSEA is an optional choice. The only issue is if DIBP doesn't accept your work expe claim, you lose invite, visa fee and everything. Then you need to submit EOI and try again.

You get RSEA : This is a safer choice but you stand to lose certain years deducted by EA.

Reactions: m_hegazy

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can. But there are various opinions regarding this.

You don't do RSEA but claim it directly with DIBP : This way you can claim all your work exp points with DIBP as usually EA deduct some years. Since, experience is not mandatory in EA MSA unlike ACS, hence it is possible and RSEA is an optional choice. The only issue is if DIBP doesn't accept your work expe claim, you lose invite, visa fee and everything. Then you need to submit EOI and try again.

You get RSEA : This is a safer choice but you stand to lose certain years deducted by EA.
Well-elaborated ZABACK21

I think almost 80% of EA assessed engineers are going with MSA , because of the extra fees

But you need to secure and provide all documentation for the work experience at time of lodging the VISA , because in case if CO doesn't accept your docuemtns it will be risky , and he may reject the CASE.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Migration Skills Assessment
But in MSA your case EA doesn't assessed your Employment records ?

In case your outcome letter is positive with MSA

You can claim it at time of lodging the Visa with DIBP ,BUT IT IS SUBJECT TO SECURE ALL DOCUMENTS AND PROVES (TAX CERTIFICATE, BANK STATEMENTS , ALL THIRD PART DOCUMENTATION ) prior to lodge in order to convince CO

One question ; your CDRs related to this rejected employment records ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But in MSA your case EA doesn't assessed your Employment records ?

In case your outcome letter is positive with MSA

You can claim it at time of lodging the Visa with DIBP ,BUT IT IS SUBJECT TO SECURE ALL DOCUMENTS AND PROVES (TAX CERTIFICATE, BANK STATEMENTS , ALL THIRD PART DOCUMENTATION ) prior to lodge in order to convince CO

One question ; your CDRs related to this rejected employment records ?
My CDRs were accepted without any remarks. I was employed as an electrical engineer but i couldn't submit tax papers for past 3 consecutive years, had only 2 years of tax papers with me. When i submitted my banks statements there were some gaps in the period during which i collected my salary in hand due to some personal reasons. So siting lack of proper continuous 3rd party evidence, EA rejected my employment and accredited me as an Electrical Engineer solely on the basis of my education-Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My CDRs were accepted without any remarks. I was employed as an electrical engineer but i couldn't submit tax papers for past 3 consecutive years, had only 2 years of tax papers with me. When i submitted my banks statements there were some gaps in the period during which i collected my salary in hand due to some personal reasons. So siting lack of proper continuous 3rd party evidence, EA rejected my employment and accredited me as an Electrical Engineer solely on the basis of my education-Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering.
Ok as ZABACK21 told you , in case you need to claim points for these 3 years of employment you can submit your proves, documents and all required documentation to DIBP

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou

Ok guys, thanks a lot for you're replies and support :)

Filed NSW EOI state nomination for 190 VISA on June 5th 2017, as an Electrical Engineer with 60 points (55+5). Hoping to get an invite soon.

Could someone comment on my chances to get an invite and how long it takes for an electrical engineer with 60 points to get an NSW state invitation?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Well-elaborated ZABACK21

I think almost 80% of EA assessed engineers are going with MSA , because of the extra fees

But you need to secure and provide all documentation for the work experience at time of lodging the VISA , because in case if CO doesn't accept your docuemtns it will be risky , and he may reject the CASE.
Yes. Majority as seen on expatforum don't do RSEA and claim with DIBP. Fee can be a deciding factor as EA is very expensive.

Reactions: m_hegazy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok guys, thanks a lot for you're replies and support :)

Filed NSW EOI state nomination for 190 VISA on June 5th 2017, as an Electrical Engineer with 60 points (55+5). Hoping to get an invite soon.

Could someone comment on my chances to get an invite and how long it takes for an electrical engineer with 60 points to get an NSW state invitation?
Honestly , it would be very difficult to get invited with 60 points with 190 subclass visa

try to score this 60 points with 189 subclass visa , and you will be invited especially your occupation have not been reached the ceiling 233311

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly , it would be very difficult to get invited with 60 points with 190 subclass visa

try to score this 60 points with 189 subclass visa , and you will be invited especially your occupation have not been reached the ceiling 233311
Thanks a lot for you're reply. My only option to increase my points is to get PTE scores of minimum 79 in each section and thereby get the additional 10 points, previously I scored 75-81 in each sections but didn't get 79 in each section, which is very hard.

Or my second option, file for 489 visa and get the additional 10 points sponsored by the region.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks a lot for you're reply. My only option to increase my points is to get PTE scores of minimum 79 in each section and thereby get the additional 10 points, previously I scored 75-81 in each sections but didn't get 79 in each section, which is very hard.

Or my second option, file for 489 visa and get the additional 10 points sponsored by the region.
You know what. Its very much possible to score 79+

Just go through the tips and tricks and develop templates for each section. Speak at a constant pace. Don't spend too much time on multiple choice questions. DO NOT Leave any section pending.

Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Somehow i am unable to access the link. Can you tell me whats in that?
For PTE i got the following results:
L: 72
R: 71
S: 81
W: 75

Grammar: 52
Oral Fluency: 72
Pronunciation: 74
Spelling: 58
Vocabulary: 74
written discourse: 90

I'm attending PTE exam tomorrow again to score higher.

Could you comment on how I can improve my scores with reference to my previous scores i quoted above?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
For PTE i got the following results:
L: 72
R: 71
S: 81
W: 75

Grammar: 52
Oral Fluency: 72
Pronunciation: 74
Spelling: 58
Vocabulary: 74
written discourse: 90

I'm attending PTE exam tomorrow again to score higher.

Could you comment on how I can improve my scores with reference to my previous scores i quoted above?
Spelling and grammar. Try using simple words instead of complex ones. Don't add un-necessary commas and punctuation marks.

Use template for essays. Surely use "In Conclusion" to conclude.

Try capturing starting letter of each word during Repeat sentence.

Other than that i think you are close !!!!

Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Spelling and grammar. Try using simple words instead of complex ones. Don't add un-necessary commas and punctuation marks.

Use template for essays. Surely use "In Conclusion" to conclude.

Try capturing starting letter of each word during Repeat sentence.

Other than that i think you are close !!!!

Good luck
Thankyou for the advice. Hoping to score better :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts