Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have applied for Accountant General which is on both the list SOL & CSOL.
My wife profession Software Tester is on CSOL list only. She has got positive assessment from ACS and she also cleared ILTES with overall grade 7.5(7 and above in each band) Can I claim 5 points for Visa189.

Thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi.
to claim partner points yours and your spouses occupation should be on the same SOL.
if one is on SOL and one is on CSOL you cannot claim points for the same.
its better check the immi site thoroughly for the rules .
better not repent later.

Hi All,
I have applied for Accountant General which is on both the list SOL & CSOL.
My wife profession Software Tester is on CSOL list only. She has got positive assessment from ACS and she also cleared ILTES with overall grade 7.5(7 and above in each band) Can I claim 5 points for Visa189.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi.
to claim partner points yours and your spouses occupation should be on the same SOL.
if one is on SOL and one is on CSOL you cannot claim points for the same.
its better check the immi site thoroughly for the rules .
better not repent later.
Hi Suku,
Thanks for response. As I have mentioned my occupation in on both the list . That way I meet the criteria... any thought

·
Registered
973 Posts
Your wifes occupation should also be in the SOL.

try to get her assessed in some other occupation.
I saw many software testers apply for software engineer and got positive assessment from ACS.
just a matter of tweaking a bit here anf there.

if you see the skill select website it mentions as below...
Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
•had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
•had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

So I guess being on CSOL wont help.

Hi Suku,
Thanks for response. As I have mentioned my occupation in on both the list . That way I meet the criteria... any thought

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks Suku, I have 60 points without Spouse 5 points. One more thought if my wife becomes primary applicant, then I think she can claim 5 points for Spouse and reason for the same is that my occupation is listed on CSOL aslo. What do you say...

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Choudhary,
CSOL is different than SOL.
if your occupation is under CSOL then you need to opt for state sponsorship.
If your wife is a software tester then she cannot apply for 189 as S.T is not currently under SOL this year.
if you make her the primary applicant and claim points for 190 you may need to wait for invitations from the state as and when this occupation opens up in that state.
I would suggest as you make 60 points without spouse points opt for 189 only and you may receive an invite in 2-3 months.

thanks Suku, I have 60 points without Spouse 5 points. One more thought if my wife becomes primary applicant, then I think she can claim 5 points for Spouse and reason for the same is that my occupation is listed on CSOL aslo. What do you say...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much Suku. One more thought that I have. I'm thinking to file EOI for 189 and my wife 190, whichever come first will go for that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes that could be done.
If you are ready with yours and yours wife's IELTS and ACS assessment you can go ahead with that option.

that would seem the most suitable step as of now.

Thank you so much Suku. One more thought that I have. I'm thinking to file EOI for 189 and my wife 190, whichever come first will go for that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that could be done.
If you are ready with yours and yours wife's IELTS and ACS assessment you can go ahead with that option.

that would seem the most suitable step as of now.
Thank you so much for clearing my doubt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys,

I am also facing a similar situation. My occupation is under SOL and CSOL both, but my spouse's occupation is only undrr CSOL. i am falling short of 5 points in case of 189, so i am planning to for 190 ss visa. Can i claim another 5 points for spouse while applying for 190 visa? This will take my score to 55+5+5=65. Please advise

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys,

I am also facing a similar situation. My occupation is under SOL and CSOL both, but my spouse's occupation is only undrr CSOL. i am falling short of 5 points in case of 189, so i am planning to for 190 ss visa. Can i claim another 5 points for spouse while applying for 190 visa? This will take my score to 55+5+5=65. Please advise

Thanks
Better you apply for 190 type visa because for 189 type visa you need to have 60 points, and in this case you can not claim 5 points for your spouse because you spouse occupation list is on CSOL .

To claim spouse points both occupation should be in the same either on SOL or CSOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys, do you know if there is some marital status check? Because I have idea to marry a girl with IELTS 6 and same occupation list ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
What do you mean by "marital status check"? If you include a partner in your application, you will need to submit evidence that you are in a genuine relationship (e.g. statements from friends/family, proof of shared finances, proof of shared social lives, proof of commitment to each other, etc.).

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you mean by "marital status check"? If you include a partner in your application, you will need to submit evidence that you are in a genuine relationship (e.g. statements from friends/family, proof of shared finances, proof of shared social lives, proof of commitment to each other, etc.).
Have you ever been through this process? Can you show me the source where you have found this?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Have you ever been through this process? Can you show me the source where you have found this?
If you look at any of the document checklists (e.g. 189 Document Checklist), you will find the statement: "If you are married or in a de facto relationship, provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner at the exclusion of all others."

A marriage certificate would be one piece of evidence, but you should provide evidence beyond that (e.g. both names on a lease or mortgage, joint bank accounts/credit cards, etc.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts