Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to claim my partner skill points for Australia skilled immigration. I come under visa subclass 189 and i want to claim my partner skill points. She completed her b.tech in EEE(Electronic and Electrical Engineering) and she is working into IT(Information Technology). She has 5+ years of IT experience. Can i claim her points.

And also please help me with my points. I Completed my B.Tech in IT and has 5+ years of IT experience and my age is 28. And i also scored 6.5(Each module) in IELTS general.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi letushare,

to claim partner points your partner must fulfill the following requirements:
  • age (<50)
  • English language ability (IELTS 6+ across all bands)
  • a suitable skills assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List used for your application. (i.e. her job must be in the SOL, such as "Developer Programmer" but not "Web Developer" or "Tester", and she must get it assessed)

Depending on her study subjects she may be able to get her bachelor assessed as ICT minor (= at least 20% ICT subjects). That plus 5 years of related work experience should get her positive assessment from ACS. More information: ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines and ACS Summary of Criteria.

Unfortunately you cannot claim points without positive skills assessment and IELTS.

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts