Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Just made this thread as I am wondering If my daughter can get a child support from her Dad.

My daughter was born in the Philippines and a Filipino citizen. I am not married to the the father. The father was born in the Philippines and now a British citizen.

From 1 year old till now that our daughter is turning 10, he never gives financial or whatever support to our daughter. my daughter is holding his surname. God knows how many times I asked him for financial support but always reject to give as he keeps on saying he doesnt have a job in the UK. He is now married to an older women and got 2 another children.

I wonder if theres a way I can get support from Him as my daughter is getting older and the expenses at school is getting high.

any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
As both the parents, and your daughter are born in Philippines, and you weren't married when you had her, there is no way you can claim any child support from UK, even though the father is now naturalised British. The British CSA would not be able to to help as non of you are born British, they only 'chase up' split up British parents and go then through a process to work out how much the birth father earns, then ask him to pay, if he is not earning enough wages, I don't think they can force him to pay anything, and it can be a lengthy process.
The British CSA, is an agency, not a charity, and mostly parents pay voluntarily for their children, if they can.
The only way you might claim anything from the father is by asking him directly to contribute to the child's welfare, or if there is an equivalent of CSA in phils to get them to contact him, with proof he is 100% the father.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As both the parents, and your daughter are born in Philippines, and you weren't married when you had her, there is no way you can claim any child support from UK, even though the father is now naturalised British. The British CSA would not be able to to help as non of you are born British, they only 'chase up' split up British parents and go then through a process to work out how much the birth father earns, then ask him to pay, if he is not earning enough wages, I don't think they can force him to pay anything, and it can be a lengthy process.
The British CSA, is an agency, not a charity, and mostly parents pay voluntarily for their children, if they can.
The only way you might claim anything from the father is by asking him directly to contribute to the child's welfare, or if there is an equivalent of CSA in phils to get them to contact him, with proof he is 100% the father.

Thanks for the response Fergie :):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.