Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Does anybody know how to reclaim a deposit back from the Ayuntamiento? It was a deposit paid for eventual waste after having a swimming pool installed. (with all the necessary permissions):). I'm sure I have to fill in a form/modelo somewhere.... They can't seem to tell me and I can't find it on their website.

I ended up not having any waste, it was all reused on the land so I don't have a certificate that it has been dumped at the official dumping area.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19,211 Posts
Evening All,

Does anybody know how to reclaim a deposit back from the Ayuntamiento? It was a deposit paid for eventual waste after having a swimming pool installed. (with all the necessary permissions):). I'm sure I have to fill in a form/modelo somewhere.... They can't seem to tell me and I can't find it on their website.

I ended up not having any waste, it was all reused on the land so I don't have a certificate that it has been dumped at the official dumping area.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks in advance.
Ufff! We had some work done on the house recently and having been reported by nasty neighbours some years ago, got a licence. After a lot of form filling and sending of photos we were given the licence and had to pay a deposit of 150€, to b given back when the work was finished and inspected. What a rigmarole! The rubble had to be taken to an authorised dump and there isn't one in our town, although, as there was little volume it could have completely legally been taken to the local dump. No one could tell us where there was a dump that fulfilled these seemingly arbitrary rules. Once we found a dump we were not given a certificate! It was sent to us three weeks later from Madrid!
To summarise, I'm sorry, I don't know what you are going to do without a certificate. I think you need many patient trips to the town hall until they understand how frustrating your position is

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ufff! We had some work done on the house recently and having been reported by nasty neighbours some years ago, got a licence. After a lot of form filling and sending of photos we were given the licence and had to pay a deposit of 150€, to b given back when the work was finished and inspected. What a rigmarole! The rubble had to be taken to an authorised dump and there isn't one in our town, although, as there was little volume it could have completely legally been taken to the local dump. No one could tell us where there was a dump that fulfilled these seemingly arbitrary rules. Once we found a dump we were not given a certificate! It was sent to us three weeks later from Madrid!
To summarise, I'm sorry, I don't know what you are going to do without a certificate. I think you need many patient trips to the town hall until they understand how frustrating your position is
Thanks for the reply PW. I have, in the meantime made some progress! I found a form "consumer claims" on the website, filled it in and waited for a couple of days. I then sent a (snotty) email saying I was still expecting an answer. I received a (snotty) email back saying "I repeat, we have never received any emails from you...." well, with that they obviously dropped themselves in.... :p I now need to send photos, bank statements that I've paid the deposit and the pool, to prove I'm the owner and a certificate that the work has been finalised. (That also took a huge effort to obtain). However, at the moment we're in lockdown, so I won't be paying them a visit just yet....If all goes well I should have my deposit back before end of the year! Hurray👏👏👏

·
Registered
19,211 Posts
Thanks for the reply PW. I have, in the meantime made some progress! I found a form "consumer claims" on the website, filled it in and waited for a couple of days. I then sent a (snotty) email saying I was still expecting an answer. I received a (snotty) email back saying "I repeat, we have never received any emails from you...." well, with that they obviously dropped themselves in.... :p I now need to send photos, bank statements that I've paid the deposit and the pool, to prove I'm the owner and a certificate that the work has been finalised. (That also took a huge effort to obtain). However, at the moment we're in lockdown, so I won't be paying them a visit just yet....If all goes well I should have my deposit back before end of the year! Hurray👏👏👏
Don't hold your breath, we are still waiting for the money to be returned to us even though we have a paper telling us that they have "agreed" to give it back to us...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts