Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I am new here and in the initial phase of the process for 263111 under 189 subclass, I have applied for the ACS assessment and i expect to get below points

Age (37) 25 Points
PTE A, 7 in each domain 10 Points
ACS 15 points expected
Qualifications (Bachelor degree) 15
Total points 65

I am the principal applicant for the immigration. Seems like these days having 65 points is not enough, i was thinking of adding 5 points using partner points.

My question is:
To claim 5 partner points, is it a must for partner to have work experience or just the qualification is enough? We both have same qualification that is Bachelor of information technology. However she does not have any experience.

Can i get her education assessed under the same code 263111 without any experience?

Thanks
Kamz

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your spouse just need to have three things basically:
1- To have a job which is listed in one the same list like ur job. E.g if u r applying for 189 her job must be on the 189 qualifying jobs and the same applies for 190 as well.
2- to have a positive assessment from the relevant assessement body
3-to score 50+ PTE or equivilant in other exams
--
As far as the experience is concerned, it is important only if the relevant assessment body requires it in order to give positive assessment. Im not sure avout ACS but if they dont require it, then it is not important.

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Dear Friends,

I am new here and in the initial phase of the process for 263111 under 189 subclass, I have applied for the ACS assessment and i expect to get below points

Age (37) 25 Points
PTE A, 7 in each domain 10 Points
ACS 15 points expected
Qualifications (Bachelor degree) 15
Total points 65

I am the principal applicant for the immigration. Seems like these days having 65 points is not enough, i was thinking of adding 5 points using partner points.

My question is:
To claim 5 partner points, is it a must for partner to have work experience or just the qualification is enough? We both have same qualification that is Bachelor of information technology. However she does not have any experience.

Can i get her education assessed under the same code 263111 without any experience?

Thanks
Kamz
To give positive assessment ACS will in probability deduct at least 2 years from the experience
So she should have more then 2 years experience to get positive assessment , so this route is not available for you

But You are not totally in the woods with just 65 points

You should get an invite but with a few months delay

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts