Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Am new to this forum, I have bit major doubt in claiming the Australian experience.

Here is the scenario:

I have been working as network engineer in Melbourne under 457 visa, but unfortunately my current 457 visa has occupational job code as software and application programmer (261399)

and I have also received positive results from ACS under computer network and systems( (263111) including this 457 experience as network engineer.

Now the question is shall I claim this 457 experience as Australian experience to get 5 points ?

please advice friends

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It can be tricky, since one condition of your 457 is that you work in the occupation code that you were nominated under. So you need to be able to satisfy DIBP that your occupation meets the requirements of both positions - you may not need to specifically get a second skills assessment for 261399, but be prepared in case they ask any questions about your job responsibilities and how they satisfy the position on your 457 visa.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raja

It can be tricky, since one condition of your 457 is that you work in the occupation code that you were nominated under. So you need to be able to satisfy DIBP that your occupation meets the requirements of both positions - you may not need to specifically get a second skills assessment for 261399, but be prepared in case they ask any questions about your job responsibilities and how they satisfy the position on your 457 visa.
Thanks Maggie, so i could claim the Australian experience, here what is the parent job code and sub codes? do you have any idea about that

·
Registered
77 Posts
So this is bit tricky situation.

During 2013-14, I have worked in Australia for close to 12 months (11 months 10 days), it was part of my overall work experience with same employer (who deputed me to Australian project) and total experience I have with same employer is 5 years and 5 months, out of which 1 year in Australia.

I have detailed skill-reference letter from same employer with explicit mention of Australian work experience with dates along with over all 5 years of work experience I had with that employer.

I have all my salary slips from Australia along with Bank statement.

My questions are,

1. How do I claim my Australian experience ?
2. At what point should I claim Australian work experience (ACS or at EOI) ? (Note: I am already putting my detailed skill reference letter during ACS assessment)

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Viral

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
So this is bit tricky situation.

During 2013-14, I have worked in Australia for close to 12 months (11 months 10 days), it was part of my overall work experience with same employer (who deputed me to Australian project) and total experience I have with same employer is 5 years and 5 months, out of which 1 year in Australia.

I have detailed skill-reference letter from same employer with explicit mention of Australian work experience with dates along with over all 5 years of work experience I had with that employer.

I have all my salary slips from Australia along with Bank statement.

My questions are,

1. How do I claim my Australian experience ?
2. At what point should I claim Australian work experience (ACS or at EOI) ? (Note: I am already putting my detailed skill reference letter during ACS assessment)

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Viral
First you say you worked 11 months and 10 days in Australia, and then you say 1 year. If it was a day below 1 year, you are not eligible to claim Australian work experience.

·
Registered
77 Posts
First you say you worked 11 months and 10 days in Australia, and then you say 1 year. If it was a day below 1 year, you are not eligible to claim Australian work experience.
I have salary slips of 12 months, worked for 12 months.
Worked 2 weeks from home (India).

In a nutshell, have salary slips for 12 months, worked for 12 months, have bank statements for salary credits for 12 months, paid PAYG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts