Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm migrating to Sydney on partner sponsored visa. I'm a civil engineer by profession and I have been working as a project manager for a bank in Dubai in managing their fit outs of offices and new branches. Can somebody help me with the job prospects and any consultants who could help me??please advice..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi all,

I'm migrating to Sydney on partner sponsored visa. I'm a civil engineer by profession and I have been working as a project manager for a bank in Dubai in managing their fit outs of offices and new branches. Can somebody help me with the job prospects and any consultants who could help me??please advice..

Hi mate

Seek and Linkedin are full of jobs for Project Manager who are experienced in fit out projects. However, landing a job is probably tough as they expect Australian experience. What could help is if you have some niche expertise.
I suggest you prepare a spot on resume and start your job hunt while you are down there.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, do a google search of companies with the word Australia in your search. You will see some companies are laying people off eg. GHD. Probably not good companies to target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate

Seek and Linkedin are full of jobs for Project Manager who are experienced in fit out projects. However, landing a job is probably tough as they expect Australian experience. What could help is if you have some niche expertise.
I suggest you prepare a spot on resume and start your job hunt while you are down there.

Cheers

Thanks Ben.. Will AIPM registration help?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks Ben.. Will AIPM registration help?
No idea. I am not a fan at all of certifications for Construction PMs. Too much useless theorey vs. lack of practice. I have no additional certification and never had any problems finding a job. At the end it comes down to experience and you as a person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts