Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I'm so happy that our proposed civil partnership visa has been granted. issued from the 8th February for 6th months.

My question is simple i think!

How long does my partner get to enter the UK? We want to apply for the 2.5 year partner visa at the end of this one, I read somewhere that he must enter the UK within 30 days if we will succeed in applying for the next visa.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Many thanks

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Proposed CP and Fiancé visas are granted for 6 full months, rather than with a 30-day entry clearance window as for 'straight to settlement' visas (spouse/civil partner/unmarried partner visa). You can enter any time during this 6-month validity period, but make sure you give enough time for the notice period (28-70 days) and to apply for FLR(M) when your CP is performed. You can apply for FLR(M) as soon as you have a CP certificate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for clearing that one up. We were slightly panicked as his flight is booked for the 31st March.

We have 28 days period to wait once he has arrived, everything else is in order and planned. I happened across a somewhat worrying statement saying that unless he enters in 30 days or less we would have to apply again for the visa.

Thanks for clearing that one up clever-octopus - much appreciated.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep i came to uk two months after granted my fiance visa no problems...

Sent from my NX531J using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I can sleep even easier now. Thanks Msia12.

I'll start and read up on the next phase tomorrow to see what evidence we need to provide as i'm sure there will be lots!

·
Registered
265 Posts
One suggestion i would make,and if you can do it, if you want to use a premium service centre for your next application you can book that ahead of getting married thats what weve done it just ensures you get an appointment if you want that rather than waiting on the postal route as they are snapped up very quickly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok wow. So even before the CP ceremony we can book the appointment?

We're planning on mid may for the partnership ceremony, this should give us 2.5 months. The evidence could be a problem as i'm told they want joint financial proof etc etc.. We wont have much by that stage but i'm hoping to add him to the joint account and mortgage - have to see what they say.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It needs to be within 45 days from booking the psc appointment and obv a date after youre married.

Re fiancial evidence ive been advised here that they dont expect the full quota from fiance to spouse but as much as you can provide the better.

Ive been added to water, gas, council tax, bt and got letters from council too. Not sure a bank will let you add your fiance on a fiance visa but ive heard of someone who has managed it. Mortgages i think can be a mine field due to credit checks required on the new name but tbh were not going there until we hopefully have flrm.

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Oh ok wow. So even before the CP ceremony we can book the appointment?

We're planning on mid may for the partnership ceremony, this should give us 2.5 months. The evidence could be a problem as i'm told they want joint financial proof etc etc.. We wont have much by that stage but i'm hoping to add him to the joint account and mortgage - have to see what they say.
Premium appointments can be booked 45 days in advance.

If you can manage to get your name on any bills that would be great but it is not a hard requirement for FLR (M) when you are switching from a proposed civil partner visa.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you can any official correspondence for your partner for your address that's great.
But don't worry if not, we only had an NHS registration letter for my husband when we applied for FLR(M) after the fiance visa.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you can any official correspondence for your partner for your address that's great.
But don't worry if not, we only had an NHS registration letter for my husband when we applied for FLR(M) after the fiance visa.
Just curious, how did he register with the NHS on a fiance visa? I didnt think that was possible or permitted? Thanks

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
There's no rule against registering with a GP on a fiancé visa, they don't all require proof of residence but they may if they aren't accepting patients outside their catchment area. It's up to the individual surgery

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think you are entitled to register with the NHS but obviously anything would be charged for. They didn't ask for any proof of address, just filled in basic info form & a week later he got the registration letter.
We went back after he had FLR(M) to get them to put a copy of it on their file as it entitles him to free NHS.

Tbh, from what I've read here about other peoples experiences with their NHS GP, I can't say that every GP would accept someone on a fiance visa, but we had no issues at all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think you are entitled to register with the NHS but obviously anything would be charged for. They didn't ask for any proof of address, just filled in basic info form & a week later he got the registration letter.
We went back after he had FLR(M) to get them to put a copy of it on their file as it entitles him to free NHS.

Tbh, from what I've read here about other peoples experiences with their NHS GP, I can't say that every GP would accept someone on a fiance visa, but we had no issues at all.
Good to know thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.