Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while and the immi website has become my bible ever since my decision to move to oz. I am a civil engineer by profession. I am pretty sure i have all my basics rite with respect to the immigration process however i have some concern with regards to my career graph. I have been receiving job offers from the middle east. I want to know if the middle east experience (lets say a year) will affect my profile when i start searching for a job in Melbourne. I am sure it will enhance my career for sure, but how huge is that difference? I have two years of experience as of now. Is it worth waiting a year to go to oz?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Most of the assessing authority require at least 3 years of work experience and this is where you fall short. Do you think you will be able to claim 60 points without work experience? If you can, you should start with the Oz immigration process before going to the middle east. You never know when they will stop accepting immigrants.

Reactions: Pradeep Reddy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you bobinv for the prompt response, appreciate it!!

Yeah i think i can get a 60 and this is how (correct me if im wrong)
Bachelors Degree: 15pts
IELTS: 7: 10pts (hopeful/confident)
SS VIC: 5pts (if i go with 190)
Uncle (Fathers younger brother who is a citizen) : 10pts (If i go with 489 provisional but i think 189/190 will be better than 489 what do you thnk)

am i rite?:confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think you should go for Visa 190 since you can claim 60 points. I am not sure about 489 provisional visa though. Maybe some experts could give their inputs on this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts