I landed a job as a PM for NSW operations for a building material supplier, and I have been here for three weeks. My profile does include a US Masters, and a wide range of international experience which could have possibly made a difference. I begin work in a week - and no I am not working for a lowball salary. I can tell you that there aren't too many opportunities. I targeted all companies big, small - anything I could find.
* Send out as many resumes as possible -
* Not all positions are advertised on job portals - you need to apply to all companies individually.
* I had over 5 personal interviews, and 2 job offers - canceled one interview, turned down one offer.
* if a company is small please don't assume that they can't afford to pay you. It comes down to your negotiation skills.
* Residential and fit-out markets are doing better in the Sydney and Sydney suburban areas.
I mentioned this in other threads - it comes down to how well you sell yourself.
Good luck guys - if I can do it - so can you!
Thanks1. Please check at seek.com.au
2.I agree with your brother about studies.
3.Find some engineers in Australia to guide you about packages.I know many.