Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already as I couldn't find it. I received my PR back in Feb 2014 and moved to Australia. Since then I have been living in Australia with 14 months spent overseas in total (due to various reasons). My question is that originally I was planning to apply citizenship in Feb of next year but due to overseas travel I might not be eligible. Do I have to wait 2 months more to become eligible or will they ask me to spend 4 years again. The online residency calculator isn't available anymore :confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already as I couldn't find it. I received my PR back in Feb 2014 and moved to Australia. Since then I have been living in Australia with 14 months spent overseas in total (due to various reasons). My question is that originally I was planning to apply citizenship in Feb of next year but due to overseas travel I might not be eligible. Do I have to wait 2 months more to become eligible or will they ask me to spend 4 years again. The online residency calculator isn't available anymore :confused:
You can apply for citizenship when you complete 4 years as a permanent resident in Australia, but remember you can't stay for more than 3 months out of Australia in the year when you apply for citizenship.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can apply for citizenship when you complete 4 years as a permanent resident in Australia, but remember you can't stay for more than 3 months out of Australia in the year when you apply for citizenship.
Thanks mate. That means that I have to just wait additional few months?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts