Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got PR,8 months ago and still in India.

Due to some reasons, I may not stay in Australia for 4 years out of my 5 years of PR Validity. However I am thinking to take citizenship in Australian.

Incase I stayed less than 4 years of my visa validity. Can I apply for PR Again?

keeping in mind, you can't imagine the rules after 5 years for citizenship. Can I pay the visa fee again and get FRESH 5 years validity of PR much before the expiry date of current visa(may be before 3 years of my current visa expiry date or next year).

Can I know the exact requirements to get Australia citizenship.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable information...

·
Registered
68 Posts
For being eligible for applying for citizenship... one need to spend at least 4 years in Australia.

The PR itself is valid for lifetime, the only catch in here is that one can only go outside Australia & again come back into Australia within the first 5 years of the PR. Otherwise, If one decides to leave his/her home country for once & all & there is no need to go out of Australia again in his lifetime, then one does not need any other sort of VISA for being able to remain in Australia indefinitely.

If one needs to go out of country & then come back into Australia again after the expiry of the first 5 years, then one need to either have citizenship or another VISA called RRV.

Resident Return Visa (RRV) is given depending upon the number of years already spent in the Australia. I think, one has to spend at least 2 years in Australia for being eligible for a long term RRV, otherwise the RRV would be for much shorted term.

The main reason for all this fuss is that there is no reason in alloting a PR Visa for Australia to a person who would not be able to contribute in the economic development of the Australia (by not being in the Australia).

Hope this helps & clarifies your questions... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts