Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,
Not sure if this question has been asked before here But I was wondering what if i am not able to get good character form filled by an Australian citizen. I mean I do know many citizens who are happy to do this but unfortunately they dont belong to the professions which are mentioned in 1300 T form. I mean I never had any personal doctor or physio or anyone. What are my options here??
Also I am an Indian Citizen applying for Oz citizenship. Do I have to apply for overseas penal clearence and local police check before citizenship application or do I have to wait for
immigration officers to contact me and then apply them?
any advice is highly appreciated. cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Do you have a banker? Or a religious leader who knows you? If you don't know anyone on the list you will need to wait until you can meet the requirement to apply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a banker? Or a religious leader who knows you? If you don't know anyone on the list you will need to wait until you can meet the requirement to apply.
No I dont deal with bank very much. And I have moved three different suburbs in last year! so I might not know anyone.. ! I cant understand the reason behind this rule. I mean My current job manager will be happy to do it, He manages around 100 workers but They didnt include managers in profession. I am surprised how can they assume that we should be able to know doctor,police or physio or pharmacist etc ! for a year.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
No I dont deal with bank very much. And I have moved three different suburbs in last year! so I might not know anyone.. ! I cant understand the reason behind this rule. I mean My current job manager will be happy to do it, He manages around 100 workers but They didnt include managers in profession. I am surprised how can they assume that we should be able to know doctor,police or physio or pharmacist etc ! for a year.
The reason is that they generally need to be in a registered profession so they can verify their identity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Forum,
Not sure if this question has been asked before here But I was wondering what if i am not able to get good character form filled by an Australian citizen. I mean I do know many citizens who are happy to do this but unfortunately they dont belong to the professions which are mentioned in 1300 T form. I mean I never had any personal doctor or physio or anyone. What are my options here??
Also I am an Indian Citizen applying for Oz citizenship. Do I have to apply for overseas penal clearence and local police check before citizenship application or do I have to wait for
immigration officers to contact me and then apply them?
any advice is highly appreciated. cheers
HI Bro

In a very very similar situation. Your two minutes advice will sort most of my problems.... Is there any way to contact you? Much appreciated

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
HI Bro

In a very very similar situation. Your two minutes advice will sort most of my problems.... Is there any way to contact you? Much appreciated
This thread is more than 4 years old. If you have questions, post them on the forum and others who have gone through the process more recently may be able to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts