Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am going to apply for Citizenship (3 years option) through the nationality Checking service at the local council, i am confused about some stuff:

1 - In Form AN, page 23 question 6.7 "BRP Enclosed?" , as you know the citizenship officer is going to copy all documents and give originals back, shall i tick yes or no to this question?

Shall i choose "No" and then explain in 6.12 ?

2 - Page 30 , "SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period ,
- payslips
- P60’s
- letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates"

Do i have to provide these, i have two passports covering the whole period since i entered the UK the first time.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, as they will copy and certify as seen.

Include all employment details especially to prove employment past 3 years period. This is more important that passport. Passport will prove to show any time spent outside UK in past 3 years.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, they will photocopy it for you and then send the docs off for you. That's the whole point of these Citizenship Checking service - they are a very good service and underrated and almost unused by many.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Edit: Never mind, I see you were granted ILR very recently (congratulations)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, they will photocopy it for you and then send the docs off for you. That's the whole point of these Citizenship Checking service - they are a very good service and underrated and almost unused by many.
If i take all my original documents will the checking service copy them there and then and give back my original documents such as passports marriage certificates etc? Or do i go to a private solicitor first to attest the copies then take them to checking service?

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
If i take all my original documents will the checking service copy them there and then and give back my original documents such as passports marriage certificates etc? Or do i go to a private solicitor first to attest the copies then take them to checking service?
Just take them to your appointment... the whole point of NCS is for them to look at your application and make copies of your documents so you can take them with you at the end. No need to have anyone attested beforehand.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Remember to take your english language test results. I did the application online and then went through NCS. There is a problem with the online application in that it does not ask you about your english language. NCS checked my documents and also did not ask about this so I did not submit it.

I contacted UKVI and they acknowledged a issue with the online application and document needs to be posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just take them to your appointment... the whole point of NCS is for them to look at your application and make copies of your documents so you can take them with you at the end. No need to have anyone attested beforehand.
True, il do that thanks, was just wondering as il be also taking my dads marriage certificate and his passport would i need to take him with me there ?

·
Super Moderator
5,175 Posts
No, no need for your Dad to be at the appointment... I took my husband's passport with me to my NCS appointment while he was at work, and no questions were asked about his whereabouts (the NCS guy didn't return husband's passport to me and when I rang to inquire if they had it, claimed they didn't have it, forcing us to to cancel it as lost/stolen and a new one issued [husband travels within the EU a lot for work and needs a valid passport at all times]; within a few hours of that call, they rang back to say that they found it again and refused to compensate us for the cost of the passport, only the NCS fee, which was less than the passport, and even then I had to badger him about it).

·
Registered
119 Posts
No, no need for your Dad to be at the appointment... I took my husband's passport with me to my NCS appointment while he was at work, and no questions were asked about his whereabouts (the NCS guy didn't return husband's passport to me and when I rang to inquire if they had it, claimed they didn't have it, forcing us to to cancel it as lost/stolen and a new one issued [husband travels within the EU a lot for work and needs a valid passport at all times]; within a few hours of that call, they rang back to say that they found it again and refused to compensate us for the cost of the passport, only the NCS fee, which was less than the passport, and even then I had to badger him about it).
Cool thats good to know thanks, aww you didn’t have the best experience with the NCS must have been that one member of staff hopefully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.