Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was having to take my own advice and be patient but it hasn't been easy since my husband was approved for citizenship just over 3 weeks ago! Anyway today I rang up and explained the situation and the lady I spoke to said she would send an email to the case officer and I would get a reply in 2 working days.

To my surprise my case officer phoned me and said the approval had come through this morning! I've had an email to confirm but I still need the reference number on the letter (which may take up to 3 weeks to get to me!).

This is great since the citizenship ceremony is already being planned for Tuesday March 9th :D It's going to be held at our Rotary club since so many of them wanted to be there and of course we'll be inviting friends too. I don't think any family will be over at that time but who knows!

So if anyone is in the Limestone Coast at that time let me know :)

Regards,
(a very relieved)
Karen

Reactions: Fatbrit

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Congratulations :cheer2: :peace: :first: :hug: :party: :horn: :popcorn: :whoo: :cool2: :kiss:

I enjoyed the Citizenship ceremony, then you get that nice certificate and then you can run off to the Post Office the next day to get the shiny new AU Passport and NO MORE VISAS :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congrats Karen...! :clap2:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! :D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:grouphug:

I wanted to use all the smileys that i can :p

congratulations..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations, it's great to share these moments with us too, it feels like family here in the forum :) , and good luck for all too (including myself :) )

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulations Karen!!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations Karen !! I like your signature :dance: :third: :hug: :clap2:
I assume you mean the "no matter where you go there you are" quote. Well it seems to be one thing that people forget when moving country!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dear Australian Congrats.....
.....................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was having to take my own advice and be patient but it hasn't been easy since my husband was approved for citizenship just over 3 weeks ago! Anyway today I rang up and explained the situation and the lady I spoke to said she would send an email to the case officer and I would get a reply in 2 working days.

To my surprise my case officer phoned me and said the approval had come through this morning! I've had an email to confirm but I still need the reference number on the letter (which may take up to 3 weeks to get to me!).

This is great since the citizenship ceremony is already being planned for Tuesday March 9th :D It's going to be held at our Rotary club since so many of them wanted to be there and of course we'll be inviting friends too. I don't think any family will be over at that time but who knows!

So if anyone is in the Limestone Coast at that time let me know :)

Regards,
(a very relieved)
Karen

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear Australian Congrats.....
Not quite - we're not Australian until we have the ceremony and swear allegiance but it's not far away now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts