Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone got any further info/experience regarding timeframes of citizenship approval through to pledge ceremonies within Brisbane City Council. My partner and I were approved in late November/early Dec and have yet to receive an invite to a ceremony. BCC when contacted passed us on to Immigration who advised that 75% of people when being processed through within 7 months. There also looks to be not many ceremonies being held for the rest of the year and obviously a lot of people to get through. Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, has anyone got any further info/experience regarding timeframes of citizenship approval through to pledge ceremonies within Brisbane City Council. My partner and I were approved in late November/early Dec and have yet to receive an invite to a ceremony. BCC when contacted passed us on to Immigration who advised that 75% of people when being processed through within 7 months. There also looks to be not many ceremonies being held for the rest of the year and obviously a lot of people to get through. Cheers
Hi,

Can you please suggest, if you have received the invite for the ceremony? Also, are you aware bout any option for virtual ceremony?

This information will massively help us.

Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Can you please suggest, if you have received the invite for the ceremony? Also, are you aware bout any option for virtual ceremony?

This information will massively help us.

Regards,
we ended up getting invited to the ceremony last week but that got cancelled. We got emails first from Brisbane City Council and then letters which arrived the week before the ceremony. All
Dry last minute and not in line with the 4 week notice. Just waiting on a new date for ceremony now and no mention of going online.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we ended up getting invited to the ceremony last week but that got cancelled. We got emails first from Brisbane City Council and then letters which arrived the week before the ceremony. All
Dry last minute and not in line with the 4 week notice. Just waiting on a new date for ceremony now and no mention of going online.
Thanks for reply and sorry to hear this. Based on my search for previous cancellations, it might be another 4weeks from now. 😕
Any clue about virtual ceremonies?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not heard anything
30th august might be your day.

Upcoming ceremonies
A citizenship ceremony will be held on:
  • Wednesday 14 July 2021
  • Wednesday 4 August 2021
  • Monday 30 August 2021
  • Monday 11 October 2021
  • Monday 8 November 2021
  • Monday 29 November 2021.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
HI All, My citizenship approved on 3rd Nov, But I yet to call for ceremony. What can be the reason? Can anybody suggest me?
There is a delay of 5-7 months for ceremonies in almost all councils, but 10 months look excessive
which is your council ?
Cheers l

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
Brisbane City council
Put in a gentle reminder in the citizenship helpline
You can also submit a FOI requesting for the data of the number of applicants waiting for ceremony in your council with the dates of approval
Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
As end of July, there are more than 9300 people waiting in BCC. In the number shows below, we can see that there are about ~1000 people in their backlog every month, I estimate that at the moment, there are about 12,000 people are waiting for their ceremonies at BCC.

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

This is more interesting data
Font Rectangle Number Parallel

As data above, I think that at the end of December 2021, people who got approved from Feb 2021 will be clear. Hope that BCC will start clearing there backlog on Jan 26 2022.

If you guys got approved after Feb 2021, don't give much hope that you will be invited this year.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
As end of July, there are more than 9300 people waiting in BCC. In the number shows below, we can see that there are about ~1000 people in their backlog every month, I estimate that at the moment, there are about 12,000 people are waiting for their ceremonies at BCC.

View attachment 100504
This is more interesting data
View attachment 100505

As data above, I think that at the end of December 2021, people who got approved from Feb 2021 will be clear. Hope that BCC will start clearing there backlog on Jan 26 2022.

If you guys got approved after Feb 2021, don't give much hope that you will be invited this year.
Before Covid, I remember that BCC would hold massive ceremonies on daily basis and clear 4,000 5000 applicants in a few days time
I would not be surprised if they do the same again once the covid threat comes down with increased vaccinations
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know the email address for the Brisbane citizenship ceremony? My citizenship was approved in February 2021, however, I'm still waiting for the invitation. It's been nearly 9 months but I haven't heard anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Before Covid, I remember that BCC would hold massive ceremonies on daily basis and clear 4,000 5000 applicants in a few days time
I would not be surprised if they do the same again once the covid threat comes down with increased vaccinations
Cheers
They used to organise ceremonies to clear about 6000 people in one month before so I think their capacity is quite big. However, at the moment, no online ceremonies and practising social distancing, they host about 600 people each normal ceremony according to the public dates on their website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know the email address for the Brisbane citizenship ceremony? My citizenship was approved in February 2021, however, I'm still waiting for the invitation. It's been nearly 9 months but I haven't heard anything.

Thanks
Please let me know when you get the invite for ceremony
Hi All,

Thanks
Please let us know when you get the invite [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing the data. The data is very inconsistent and shows a lack of commitment or planning on BCC's part. Online ceremonies are frugal and efficient alternative in scenarios where covid paranoia is holding up things. They can collate vaccinated applicants and move forward with mass ceremonies. No clue what's holding them up.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts