Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi would like to know if anyone from Ryde Council had been approved in January 2022 and have been invited to the ceremony for April 2022. I know they have invited people who were approved in December 2021 for March 2022 one. Any news, comments suggestions. Please feel to post them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi would like to know if anyone from Ryde Council had been approved in January 2022 and have been invited to the ceremony for April 2022. I know they have invited people who were approved in December 2021 for March 2022 one. Any news, comments suggestions. Please feel to post them.

Thanks!
Hi, I got approved on 31 March 2022. Looks like there is a minimum 3 month wait for the ceremony?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I got approved on 31 March 2022. Looks like there is a minimum 3 month wait for the ceremony?
Hi good to see some activity. Yeah minimum of 2 -3 months of wait time as we got approved in February 22nd, but we moved from Parramatta Council to Ryde in March.

So hoping to get invited may be in May/June.

Please let me know if you do get invited and i'll post it here if we do get the invitations.

Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello, i got approved in feb 22nd 2022 but still haven’t received. Has anyone here who applied at a similar time recieved it? Or before me like January 2022 so can have some idea when to expect
Hi Hameel,

I got approved on Feb 22nd too :). So they invited candidates who got approved until mid January. The City of Ryde Council has been hosting one ceremony every month with less than 100 and are going really slow.

I'm hoping we would be invited for the ceremony in June. I'll post on this thread if I receive an invitation.

Ta!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called the council in May start and they said they have a list of 71 people attending in may! So i asked if 71 is the max they host, the person told me no, they can host upto 90+ But depends on the list theyve been sent from the department so they have no control over it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I called the council in May start and they said they have a list of 71 people attending in may! So i asked if 71 is the max they host, the person told me no, they can host upto 90+ But depends on the list theyve been sent from the department so they have no control over it
Oh they are just giving us excuses every time. They can host more people the venue they conduct ceremonies fits up to 300 people. I've sent an email to the Lord Mayor last month, he replied back saying they are doing less 100 because of Covid and pre cautionary restrictions still in place where as other council's are doing mass ceremonies.

But he mentioned that they are trying lift the restrictions and possibly going for a double ceremonies to host more people.

Lets hope they lift the restrictions and they invite more. Also not a bad idea, you can drop them an email to the mayor & dep mayor to see what's going on

·
Registered
10 Posts
I emailed them twice to remind them. First time i got hello, hamael, we will look into it. And i msged again after a day if theres any updates, i got ive asked the staff to look into it. And nothing yet. I called the council, they said we dont have the list yet

·
Registered
42 Posts
I emailed them twice to remind them. First time i got hello, hamael, we will look into it. And i msged again after a day if theres any updates, i got ive asked the staff to look into it. And nothing yet. I called the council, they said we dont have the list yet
They just don't care mate, other councils have been very keen to go for large scale mass ceremonies. But I can't figure what is holding off City of Ryde Council to conduct these large ceremonies really frustrating.

·
Registered
855 Posts
They just don't care mate, other councils have been very keen to go for large scale mass ceremonies. But I can't figure what is holding off City of Ryde Council to conduct these large ceremonies really frustrating.
yes very bad mate. Blacktown, Parramatta & Canterbury-Bankstown - all conducted big ceremonies in the last one month period.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts