Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
541 - 560 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
So if the ceremony is on 17th and 18th May - lets say.. And the Federal election date is 21st May. Can we vote ? Whats the process to enrol, do we get this information in the ceremony?
I think AEC reps will be there at the ceremony. They were there @ Blacktown ceremony yesterday. You can still enroll to vote so that you are in the electoral roll for future elections, say for e.g, NSW state elections next year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think AEC reps will be there at the ceremony. They were there @ Blacktown ceremony yesterday. You can still enroll to vote so that you are in the electoral roll for future elections, say for e.g, NSW state elections next year.
That's interesting there was a ceremony on Sunday.
May I know how far in advance you received the invitation email?

·
Registered
856 Posts
That's interesting there was a ceremony on Sunday.
May I know how far in advance you received the invitation email?
I got the ceremony invite on April 5th (via e-mail only) from a home affairs e-mail ID

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys , I just received ceremony invitation letter now, I approved 17 may 2021, and ceremony invitation for 17 may 2022, hope you all receive the ceremony invitation these days.
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got invited for 18 May and I was approved 24 Jan 2022 so that was pretty quick! Unfortunately though, I will be overseas to visit my parents on that day. Would that push me to the end of the line?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hi All, probably one of the lucky last for May 18th late afternoon, approved 28th Jan 2022,
Finally my 10 year journey to Citizenship coming to an end.

Great effort from this forum - I must say, even couple of weeks back, I was not expecting any call till Jan 2023

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got ceremony invite for 18th May
Application Approved : 1st April 2022
Wife’s application approved : 24th Jan 2022

541 - 560 of 594 Posts