Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
521 - 540 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just received an email from Deputy Lord Mayor. Plans are in place for a further six Citizenship Ceremonies to be delivered by Council on 17 & 18 May 2022, with approximately 2,400 attendees expected to be conferred with Citizenship.
Looking at this almost everyone waiting since last 3+ Months should get an invitation for next month’s ceremonies. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Well done !
Probably the best news u brought to the thread in a long time !

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thank you Javed for following it up and posting updates for all to benefit. Much appreciated!
Received a reply from Deputy Mayor of Parramatta Council on my email. I’ll update the group once I talk to him.

Hi Javed,

Thank you for your email and raising this very important issue.

Council has scheduled additional ceremonies. Can you please email me your contact number and I will call to discuss this further,

Regards
Sameer

Sameer Pandey | Deputy Lord Mayor
City of Parramatta
PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
( 0435 226 746)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Lets hope all 2400 are candidates taking Oath for the benefit of clearing long Queue
Only part in the ceremony I find interesting for Guest is the Photo session, which is like end of Oath session in an open area.

I'd imagine 1500 x 2 day - 2400 = 600 Guest (4:1 ratio this time?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys , my citizenship approved on 17 may 2021, parramatta council, I did not receive ceremony invitation yet , as I hope they invite me for this 17 or 18 may 2022, I will be update it here if I receive ceremony invitation letter.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Blacktown council had a mass Citizenship Ceremony today. Around 1200 people became Australian Citizens today, Blacktown Mayor mentioned this was the biggest Citizenship Ceremony in Australia so far (in terms of numbers), and beat Parramatta's 1100 in the past. Parramatta can claim back the record if they want as lot of people are waiting there :D

Reactions: TYW

·
Registered
856 Posts
521 - 540 of 594 Posts