Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Currently the national average processing time from approval to ceremony is 75% in 5 months and 90% in 7 months.

ie. 75% of people who had a ceremony in March were approved in November 2020 or more recently.

Given invites are about a month or so before the ceremony, I would imagine you would get an invite in the next month or two (luck being on your side)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently the national average processing time from approval to ceremony is 75% in 5 months and 90% in 7 months.

ie. 75% of people who had a ceremony in March were approved in November 2020 or more recently.

Given invites are about a month or so before the ceremony, I would imagine you would get an invite in the next month or two (luck being on your side)
Thank you Moulard

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Why the sense of urgency?
Unless you are trying to apply for a federal government job and need citizenship to obtain say a security clearance there are very few circumstances where citizenship is critical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Did anyone get Ceremony Invite for Parramatta Council recently? Please share the Approval Date details.
Its been 6 months i received my approval letter and i did not receive the ceremony invite yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi All,

I have attended the test on 25-May and its in approved status, waiting for Ceremony, Has anyone got the ceremony invite for 13 July 2021 date ?, not sure if any one got virtual ceremony ? Please share, thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t think they’re doing virtual ceremonies anymore. I got automatic response from the email box. It said they’re not monitoring it anymore.

as parramatta and west is a big council with more immigrants expect a delay. I’m waiting for more than 3 months. There are people waiting for more than 6 months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A family that I know lives in Epping, their application was approved in the month of March and citizenship ceremony was done on queen’s birthday weekend. So if someone has same timelines , expect to you receive yours in coming weeks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
A family that I know lives in Epping, their application was approved in the month of March and citizenship ceremony was done on queen’s birthday weekend. So if someone has same timelines , expect to you receive yours in coming weeks.
Somehow that may not apply for others given ceremony has been deferred and a few getting online ceremony.the lockdown has affected the interview and citizenship tests and ceremonies in NSW.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi All,

Did anyone get Ceremony Invite for Parramatta Council recently? Please share the Approval Date details.
Its been 6 months i received my approval letter and i did not receive the ceremony invite yet.
You can check the Paramatta council citizenship page and see the dates there.the July ceremony has been cancelled and they have added one for November which wasn’t there earlier.next one is October now and will happen if no lockdown.unless they move to online ceremony except delays for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Somehow that may not apply for others given ceremony has been deferred and a few getting online ceremony.the lockdown has affected the interview and citizenship tests and ceremonies in NSW.
That’s interesting! I didn’t get any response from the online citizenship ceremony. Do you know how to contact them ?

·
Registered
570 Posts
That’s interesting! I didn’t get any response from the online citizenship ceremony. Do you know how to contact them ?
Email request to virtual ceremony is the only options as far as I am aware.if you have done that and not heard then got to wait I presume.I don’t see online ceremony happening as a normal process like last year but on adhoc basis only for a few eligible applicants-eg federal job etc

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just putting out there that June applications are being worked on for those who are curious.Just heard from a friend who applied 27th June 202 that he received request for PCc which he was expecting having stayed in India for a year after IED/Few months here.I applied 24th June 21.we both are under city of Paramatta council.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Any body got citizenship approved in May and waiting/attended ceremony?
From what I gathered the last ones to get ceremony were in feb.most of the rest are waiting with ceremony cancelled and next one in oct and November now.very very few have got online ceremony done during July.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I gathered the last ones to get ceremony were in feb.most of the rest are waiting with ceremony cancelled and next one in oct and November now.very very few have got online ceremony done during July.
Thanks Vinod,sorry one more question how long before the ceremony we would receive the invite,please let me know.
I want to travel to India so just trying to understand if i can get thru this or not and what would be the impact.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Usua
Thanks Vinod,sorry one more question how long before the ceremony we would receive the invite,please let me know.
I want to travel to India so just trying to understand if i can get thru this or not and what would be the impact.
Usually a month prior unless it is online ceremony then a week to a few days prior.no issues with travelling to India.ceremony cannot take place till you are onshore.

Reactions: tumupr02

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Usua

Usually a month prior unless it is online ceremony then a week to a few days prior.no issues with travelling to India.ceremony cannot take place till you are onshore.
One more clarification
The approval lapses if you don’t complete the ceremony within 1 year of the approval
Cheers

·
Registered
570 Posts
One more clarification
The approval lapses if you don’t complete the ceremony within 1 year of the approval
Cheers
Thanks NB,another important point to keep in mind.

1 - 20 of 594 Posts