Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

This thread is to share information regarding Citizenship Ceremonies at Hornsby Shire Council..
Anybody waiting for ceremony from Hornsby Shire - please share your ceremony related information.

Thanks......

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hornsby shire mentioned in the website that from Sep17, they were doing Online Ceremonies every Wednesday and Thursday. They shud have cleared the backlog till Jun since there were no Test invites between Jul and Oct last year.

Anyways.....we have no choice but to wait

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hornsby Shire Updated through FB :

hi! Our next proposed in-person Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday 16 February 2022. That will be followed by ceremonies on the first Wednesday in every month for the rest of the year, with an additional ceremony on Friday 16 September (the day before National Citizenship Day). Keep a watch our on our website for further updates about the ceremonies and any COVID-safety measures.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hornsby Shire Updated through FB :

hi! Our next proposed in-person Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday 16 February 2022. That will be followed by ceremonies on the first Wednesday in every month for the rest of the year, with an additional ceremony on Friday 16 September (the day before National Citizenship Day). Keep a watch our on our website for further updates about the ceremonies and any COVID-safety measures.
That means they stopped online ceremonies..
Checked the hornsby council site and they have the dates for ceremonies..
========================
Monthly ceremonies for 2022
  • Wednesday 16 February
  • Wednesday 2 March
  • Wednesday 6 April
  • Wednesday 4 May
  • Wednesday 1 June
  • Wednesday 6 July *
  • Wednesday 3 August
  • Wednesday 7 September
  • Friday 16 September (National Citizenship Day 17 September 2022)
  • Wednesday 5 October *
  • Wednesday 2 November
  • Wednesday 7 December
===============================
since I have not received an invite, hopefully on March 2 :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure about the backlog of applicants waiting for cermony from 2021 yet...
Hopefully in April for me..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That means they stopped online ceremonies..
Checked the hornsby council site and they have the dates for ceremonies..
========================
Monthly ceremonies for 2022
  • Wednesday 16 February
  • Wednesday 2 March
  • Wednesday 6 April
  • Wednesday 4 May
  • Wednesday 1 June
  • Wednesday 6 July *
  • Wednesday 3 August
  • Wednesday 7 September
  • Friday 16 September (National Citizenship Day 17 September 2022)
  • Wednesday 5 October *
  • Wednesday 2 November
  • Wednesday 7 December
===============================
since I have not received an invite, hopefully on March 2 :)

Recieved this reply from Hornsby Shire council regarding backlog of applicants awaiting ceremony at Hornsby...

Dear Mudassar,

We are conducting ceremonies face-to-face each month for 100 candidates. This event will be managed under Covid-19 protocols. All attending must wear masks and be vaccinated.
At the moment, we have 250 applicants on the waiting list (this is main applicants and does not include children). I expect you will be invited to a ceremony in March or April.
I receive the list from the Department of Home Affairs about 1 month before the ceremony. I am expecting the March list to come through next week.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Louise

·
Registered
105 Posts
Recieved this reply from Hornsby Shire council regarding backlog of applicants awaiting ceremony at Hornsby...

Dear Mudassar,

We are conducting ceremonies face-to-face each month for 100 candidates. This event will be managed under Covid-19 protocols. All attending must wear masks and be vaccinated.
At the moment, we have 250 applicants on the waiting list (this is main applicants and does not include children). I expect you will be invited to a ceremony in March or April.
I receive the list from the Department of Home Affairs about 1 month before the ceremony. I am expecting the March list to come through next week.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Louise

Good to know.. hopefully we will receive the invitation by next week... :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Congratulations mate...
Celebrate your AU citizenship and all the best.

I m hoping to get the invite for 06Apr...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts