Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone in or around Aix/Marseille knows of any cinemas that show movies in english ???

REALLY want to see Prometheus on a big screen if poss.

Can anyone help ??

Cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone in or around Aix/Marseille knows of any cinemas that show movies in english ???

REALLY want to see Prometheus on a big screen if poss.

Can anyone help ??

Cheers.
Hi,

The only cinema that I know is just off the Cours Mirabeau, on Rue Larouqe. The cinema is called Cinema Mazarin. I'd be surprised if they have showings in English.

You may have to travel further afield I'm afraid.

Lloyd J.

·
Administrator
50,462 Posts
Allocine and other sites carry cinema listings for many, if not most towns in France.

What you need to look for are theatres listing the films you want to see in VO rather than VF. You'll have to put up with French subtitles, but it's the best you can do here.

Outside of Paris, you may want to look for small town movie theaters, which tend to go for the VO versions. Where I live (in the Paris area) there are a couple of very small theaters that generally show the VO versions, but that only run any given film for a couple of days. If you have a cinema like this, you need to get onto their mailing list so you don't miss the relatively short runs for popular films.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
30 Posts
Allocine and other sites carry cinema listings for many, if not most towns in France.

What you need to look for are theatres listing the films you want to see in VO rather than VF. You'll have to put up with French subtitles, but it's the best you can do here.

Outside of Paris, you may want to look for small town movie theaters, which tend to go for the VO versions. Where I live (in the Paris area) there are a couple of very small theaters that generally show the VO versions, but that only run any given film for a couple of days. If you have a cinema like this, you need to get onto their mailing list so you don't miss the relatively short runs for popular films.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev,

That link was really useful. I never knew what "VO" & "VF" stood for untiol now.

As per KiteKid's request they can find the film showing in Le Renoir: Salles de cinéma à Aix-en-Provence (13100) - AlloCiné

Have fun.

Regards,

Lloyd J.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for help and advice :)

Looks like a showing in Aix on sat eve, super cool !!!!

Ta muchly.

Stu

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are three cinema's in Aix; The Renoir, The Mazarin and The Cezanne. For VO movies, the only one that shows them consistently is the Renoir. I've found that there are usually just one (maybe two) movies available in english, so you can't really "pick" the movie. It picks you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, went to the Renoir on sat and all good :)

Nice cinema, nice staff, comfy (for a tall lad) and good projection !!!

Film was great, though wish it wasn't in 3d.....

Cheers again all for the info.

stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.