Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,

My Consultant has sent my Engineers australia documents on 26th April 2012 , but till now ( 5.5.12 ) the application fee is not debited from my credit card. Usually how long will it take & how long for the CID Number ??:confused:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't worry mine application was send on 14-April-12 and my fees was debited on 18-April-12 and I received CID number through my agent on 03-may-12 so take a idea from that

Anyways welcome to the club:)

And for your info there is one thread of ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA TIME FRAME ,you can put ur query on this to have views from likeminded ppls

·
Registered
521 Posts
hi ,

My Consultant has sent my Engineers australia documents on 26th April 2012 , but till now ( 5.5.12 ) the application fee is not debited from my credit card. Usually how long will it take & how long for the CID Number ??:confused:
My case may interest you

Applied through agent - 10 Apr
Card not debited - 25 Apr
Agent says- Please wait
Contacted EA directly by e mail - 25 Apr
EA says application received but problem with credit card - 01 May
( also come through Agent only)
Credit card details intimated again - 01 May
EA says will send CC details for charging on 02 May
Latest- Card not yet charged

and life goes on.

Please share your status.

Cheers!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My case may interest you

Applied through agent - 10 Apr
Card not debited - 25 Apr
Agent says- Please wait
Contacted EA directly by e mail - 25 Apr
EA says application received but problem with credit card - 01 May
( also come through Agent only)
Credit card details intimated again - 01 May
EA says will send CC details for charging on 02 May
Latest- Card not yet charged

and life goes on.

Please share your status.

Cheers!
hi ,

how did u contact the EA ? please give me email address. did you contact directly or your agent ? i am also planning contact directly to EA. please advise.
my agent is sleeping here .

·
Registered
521 Posts
hi ,

how did u contact the EA ? please give me email address. did you contact directly or your agent ? i am also planning contact directly to EA. please advise.
my agent is sleeping here .
e mail address is - [email protected]. For once I contacted directly.

I understand that recently there has been a heavy rush of applications and therefore the process is also getting slower.

Anyway it is always better to confirm receipt of your application.

Cheers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
@harry82
Update on my case
CC has been charged on 7th May.
So I guess it takes about one week after receipt of all documents/details at the EA end to get the charges reflected in the CC account.

What about your case

Cheers!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I didn't know that even after sending the application in April ur credit card got charged in May. Why do you guys hire agents? They are actually good for nothing!
@harry82
Update on my case
So I guess it takes about one week after receipt of all documents/details at the EA end to get the charges reflected in the CC account.

What about your case

Cheers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I didn't know that even after sending the application in April ur credit card got charged in May. Why do you guys hire agents? They are actually good for nothing!
I agree. Particularly when forums such as these provide us with mountains of useful information. Experience is a great teacher. Lessons have been learnt. But there are no points for crying over split milk. These are inputs for the future.

Cheers!

·
Registered
209 Posts
As of my case ,application was send from india on 14-April and fee was debited on 18th so one week time to check documents and then fee charging is not correct I think

But as u said these agents are really good for nothing even I m applying through them but I believe all the mind work is being done by me to keep them on their toes.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the agents are misguiding you. I had sent the documents on the 10th Apr and they reached on the 11th Apr to EA. I got the CID number on the 16th and the application date is provided as 12th Apr. So I don't think they take so much time to actually start processing.Anyways they will check documents only after they have charged your CC. They won't do anything for free.

I am concerned on the speed they are doing the processing now. Seems like we will receive the results after 4 months in the current speed.

As of my case ,application was send from india on 14-April and fee was debited on 18th so one week time to check documents and then fee charging is not correct I think

But as u said these agents are really good for nothing even I m applying through them but I believe all the mind work is being done by me to keep them on their toes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@harry82
Update on my case

What about your case

Cheers!
hi ,

still money is not debited .. today is 15th day .. let us see .. what i can do ??:confused::confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey I have some info for u. Maybe it can help.
I am on a 457 in Australia and during the Visa processing I had given my credit card details to an Australian insurance company for booking a policy. I gave the details on my indian credt card(visa). The company came back after a few days saying that they could not charge the card.Then I sent in another card and then only they could do it.
Check with EA why is there a problem with credit card.There are issues with indian credit cards while they try to charge them in Australia

hi ,

still money is not debited .. today is 15th day .. let us see .. what i can do ??:confused::confused:

·
Registered
521 Posts
hi ,

Did you e mail EA. Tell them your situation. In my case there was a problem with the CC details. But the agent did not tell me that, instead I got the information when I contacted EA directly. Once given the fee was charged within 4 working days. Also please cater for the time the application takes to reach EA from dubai.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you e mail EA. Tell them your situation. In my case there was a problem with the CC details. But the agent did not tell me that, instead I got the information when I contacted EA directly. Once given the fee was charged within 4 working days. Also please cater for the time the application takes to reach EA from dubai.
hi,

I have contacted my agent , they told that i have to wait at least 1 month to get the acknowledgement from EA. & they told they are doing follow up . i had clash with agent during the document preparation. so i don't want to fight now . however i have paid his 75 % of the fee :mad:. i will wait for some time . however please advise , what are information do i need to send to EA by email about my document enquiry ?

cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
Look

As per rules suggested on EA website ,one should get the receipt of the application with a weeks time (to the max I think 10-12 days are ok if you are in india)

And if your fees is still not debited from your CC then I think it is a matter of worry because CID is just a acknowledgement of your application however ,debiting fee from your account is very important as once this fees will debited then only your assessment work could start

So my advise to you is confirm from your agent by asking courier details of application and also contact directly EA to know the reason of delay

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look

As per rules suggested on EA website ,one should get the receipt of the application with a weeks time (to the max I think 10-12 days are ok if you are in india)

And if your fees is still not debited from your CC then I think it is a matter of worry because CID is just a acknowledgement of your application however ,debiting fee from your account is very important as once this fees will debited then only your assessment work could start

So my advise to you is confirm from your agent by asking courier details of application and also contact directly EA to know the reason of delay
hi guys ,

my application fee has been debited. friends, thanks a lot for guiding me . :tongue1::tongue1:

·
Registered
521 Posts
hi guys ,

my application fee has been debited. friends, thanks a lot for guiding me . :tongue1::tongue1:
Nice to know that, finally. So now timewise both of us are in the same boat. You are in fact better of than my case, where the application was handed over to the Agent on 08 Apr and finally the CC was charged on 7th May after much correspondence. Nobody can beat that!!!
Anyway, it seems that the speed of processing applications at EA has speeded up by a few days. I think the results should be out by two months. But we should be extremely lucky to make it before 1 July.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@harry82

Yes, a few days ago, I think the 17th. What about you?
to destinationaustralia

mine . not yet . I sent email to my agent regarding my CID Number . i did not come back till now . They submitted on 28th April 2012 & fee debited on 7th may 2012 .

·
Registered
521 Posts
to destinationaustralia

mine . not yet . I sent email to my agent regarding my CID Number . i did not come back till now . They submitted on 28th April 2012 & fee debited on 7th may 2012 .
Debiting of fees is important. So don't worry, if it is on 7th, you'll get the CID anytime now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.