Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas anyone??

Would like to give something a little bit special, but on the other hand men are so hard to buy for!!!!!

So ladies - what are you getting your men for Christmas, and guys - what do you want for Christmas?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Any ideas anyone??

Would like to give something a little bit special, but on the other hand men are so hard to buy for!!!!!

So ladies - what are you getting your men for Christmas, and guys - what do you want for Christmas?

:confused:
we have a Wii so I have hinted for a Wii fit plus . . . . .:eyebrows:
ooo and a nice nice Jack Wills Rugby shirt:D
and confirmation of a job in Egypt:clap2:

·
Registered
19,454 Posts
I'm in Spain, so my presents have often included wine, but I've also given or been asked for seeds/ plants, going to a spa, dvds, stuff for walking and bike riding, books (there are some lovely "special" books about history or places), cds, beer, going to a show like the Cirque du Soleil for example, computer stuff...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we have a Wii so I have hinted for a Wii fit plus . . . . .:eyebrows:
ooo and a nice nice Jack Wills Rugby shirt:D
and confirmation of a job in Egypt:clap2:
Are the any fighting games on the wii (or wii fit)? Or more to the point, any place in Egypt I can get them?????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are the any fighting games on the wii (or wii fit)? Or more to the point, any place in Egypt I can get them?????
i saw them selling the Wii in City stars, not sure which store tho:( I will be getting my husband a new set of speakers for his car. :D No more games for him, he has too many:p

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i saw them selling the Wii in City stars, not sure which store tho:( I will be getting my husband a new set of speakers for his car. :D No more games for him, he has too many:p

Not sure I'm going to be in the city stars area any time soon :(

Still thinking of ideas. Don't think he needs anything for the car, nor the office. Maybe home, but not sure what... Oh men are so difficult...

You say your other half has too many games, do you mean computer games or do you have other fun stuff?? I could go for some ideas for fun stuff :D

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Yes Sam men are much more difficult to buy for than women.
I always stated to my husband that I would never accept a present that was something for the house.. if they house needed it then he should buy the house a present and he was always good at getting me jewellery etc however one year I got him a trouser press and he told me to take it back as there was no way he wanted a bloody iron for his christmas lol.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Sam men are much more difficult to buy for than women.
I always stated to my husband that I would never accept a present that was something for the house.. if they house needed it then he should buy the house a present and he was always good at getting me jewellery etc however one year I got him a trouser press and he told me to take it back as there was no way he wanted a bloody iron for his christmas lol.
HAHAHA, love the iron for Christmas comment.

Men are hard. He has lot's of cologne so no point in getting more, clothes I see more of an essential item than something special for Christmas, he doesn't like "useless" things (I think by that he means novelty items).

I agree about the house thing, last year I got a toaster for Christmas. Was fab being able to have toast again in the morning, but not exactly that something special I was looking forward to. Not that useful presents aren't acceptable... the keys to a new car this Christmas would be very "useful" :tongue1:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure I'm going to be in the city stars area any time soon :(

Still thinking of ideas. Don't think he needs anything for the car, nor the office. Maybe home, but not sure what... Oh men are so difficult...

You say your other half has too many games, do you mean computer games or do you have other fun stuff?? I could go for some ideas for fun stuff :D
I meant computer games...I wouldn't dare getting him any other, he tends to get obsessed and then starts ignoring everything else....so no more games for him;)
I think the wii is a great idea for your husband:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
What about an activity day, free flying lesson, quad biking, round a racetrack, learn to scuba dive, tickets to grand prix(overseas) etc???? My 24 yr old son gets a cashmere sweater from M&S every year, by request. My partner loved his flying lesson last year and plans on going again. He got a drum kit the year before, and loves that too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about an activity day, free flying lesson, quad biking, round a racetrack, learn to scuba dive, tickets to grand prix(overseas) etc???? My 24 yr old son gets a cashmere sweater from M&S every year, by request. My partner loved his flying lesson last year and plans on going again. He got a drum kit the year before, and loves that too.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I had found a shop in Sharm that sells the Wii, little bit pricey, well above UK market price these days, but my guy is worth it so I was going to get it. Then..... he came back yesterday having bought himself a PS2 with about 10 games among other things. So, now he has his new toy he bought for himself and a bunch of games that'll keep him (well us) occupied for a while. So, I need another idea for Christmas - and it's Xmas Eve tomorrow!

Men!!!!!
I love the idea of activity day thing, but he's done most everything! He likes go-karting, but takes himself whenever he feels like it, same with quad biking. His brother is a dive master so can go out with him any time. Not sure that they do anything else fun here. I'm thinking about buying tickets to the aqua park or something, but is that crappy???

Any more ideas seriously welcome. :confused:

·
Registered
19,454 Posts
ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I had found a shop in Sharm that sells the Wii, little bit pricey, well above UK market price these days, but my guy is worth it so I was going to get it. Then..... he came back yesterday having bought himself a PS2 with about 10 games among other things. So, now he has his new toy he bought for himself and a bunch of games that'll keep him (well us) occupied for a while. So, I need another idea for Christmas - and it's Xmas Eve tomorrow!

Men!!!!!
I love the idea of activity day thing, but he's done most everything! He likes go-karting, but takes himself whenever he feels like it, same with quad biking. His brother is a dive master so can go out with him any time. Not sure that they do anything else fun here. I'm thinking about buying tickets to the aqua park or something, but is that crappy???

Sounds like you two have got everything you that need from the shops ...

How about giving a lot of :love: :eyebrows: :love: and little else!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I always try to keep my eyes and ears open. My wife could be flipping through a magazine and say something like ''oh, that's nice''. I would casually peek and make a note of what she was looking at .. and that becomes her Christmas present:) Of course, it has to be personal (not for the house).

I don't like receiving the typical socks/gloves/hat (it's cold in Finland) presents .. but something that would immediately put a smile on my face. Last year she bought me a black leather guitar strap and 3 sets of guitar strings and a Strobo tuner (I am a guitar ''player'') .. best set of presents I ever received .. all that is left now is for me to learn how to play the damn thing:)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I always try to keep my eyes and ears open. My wife could be flipping through a magazine and say something like ''oh, that's nice''. I would casually peek and make a note of what she was looking at .. and that becomes her Christmas present:) Of course, it has to be personal (not for the house).

I don't like receiving the typical socks/gloves/hat (it's cold in Finland) presents .. but something that would immediately put a smile on my face. Last year she bought me a black leather guitar strap and 3 sets of guitar strings and a Strobo tuner (I am a guitar ''player'') .. best set of presents I ever received .. all that is left now is for me to learn how to play the damn thing:)
Us women are easy to buy for, if you have enough money :p (joking!)
Seriously though, so many things to get a woman, but what do you buy men? I think socks gloves and hat are out anyway for Egypt, underwear too. What else do you like to receive - guitar playing aside? Clothes, aftershave, electric razor?! Chocolate (or something else sweet), something else cooked, something personal or personalized, plants, photos or photo frame, something engraved?? A mug, glass, hip flask?? I am really struggling!!! And even when I think of something I will have to then find the damn thing in Sharm!!!

Note to all - get your thinking caps on coz it's only 3 weeks 'til his birthday and we go through all this again!!! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Sam, I really think it depends on the man in your life, think of him, what is he like ? what does he enjoy? What are his hobbies? Is he fond of reading .. what kind of books? Does he like music? Is he into video games? Has he, at some time in the past, mentioned something he’d like to buy for himself and never got around to it?

My son’s relationship with his girlfriend is starting to get ‘’serious’’, he framed a picture of both of them together .. a recent picture a friend of theirs took, and there was a lot of romance in that picture. Anyway, he took it to a photo shop and ordered a special frame for it and is giving it to her for Christmas, along with a CD of her favourite band. That gift wouldn't have suited someone else. My daughter likes a certain (expensive) brand of make up, which she can’t always afford, so we bought them for her for Christmas .. again, it's knowing her and thinking of her likes, that we came up with this idea. It wasn't ''What do girls her age like'' .. it was ''what does our daughter like''.

Men, like women, are different .. what one would like, another might not. That’s why I think you should think of your man and perhaps it’ll come to you:) Good luck:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Men!!!!!

I think he needs a serious talking too about not buying things for himself just before Christmas, then present him with socks and a tie!
He'll probably love the Aqua park, but isn't it a bit cold?. Any other trip, short break, night out, steak dinner followed by massage from you?????? sexy undies with you inside???? I'll stop now ;-). Good luck and Merry Christmas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.