Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
A friend of mine has just told me that it is usual to give your maid an extra months salary as a Christmas bonus. Does anyone know if this is true?
Thanks
DC

·
Banned
598 Posts
Hi
A friend of mine has just told me that it is usual to give your maid an extra months salary as a Christmas bonus. Does anyone know if this is true?
Thanks
DC
We are going to do it. Along with buying her a christmas present. We also give her extra month salary on her birthday, and when she goes on her yearly vacation. Its not in the contract but its nice to help a person that doesnt have as much as you. Its all karma, you will be repaid in the end.

off subect, but I see you are in the west. What do you think about these people doing 60 down our streets?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Hi
Thanks
DC
There is no legal requirement to do so, but many people do like to give their employees an annual bonus, particulalry when basic salaries are so low.

After all, it is the season of giving and goodwill to all men.

-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responses, we give her extra cash when we have visitors and fully intend to lay on a few treats for xmas and birthday. Just wanted to know if it was the norm really.

On the speeding on the road, i'm not sure i've seen 60, but 40 is common i agree. I saw a leaflet from UP saying that speeders would be reported to police and could expect a knock on the door, but i dont know of anyone getting pulled up yet. Its pretty hard to police really, there are already many speed bumps and it is a private estate so i'm not even sure the law applies.
DC

·
Banned
598 Posts
lol, come hang out over here. I have seen some that do almost 80 I bet. I live on a long street so maybe my situation is diffrent.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not only that they even try to over take just after passing the gate to the community, which is to me dooo, the road is with one lane, not two.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Not only that they even try to over take just after passing the gate to the community, which is to me dooo, the road is with one lane, not two.
you are in the west too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.