Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am planning for validation trip in the coming months and was wondering if there is any suggestion on choosing flights. The reason i ask is that we are afamily of 4 with 2 kids (1.5 yr old and 6 yrs) and very fidgety, so i fret how the situation would be on a long haul flight from Cochin to Sydney. Plan is to stay for a 5-7 days at most.

Almost all online bookings top results with AirAsia, but with a budget airlines i was wondering if the experience is going to be more hassle and red eyes or if i should choose some other airlines. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers
GJ

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi

I am planning for validation trip in the coming months and was wondering if there is any suggestion on choosing flights. The reason i ask is that we are afamily of 4 with 2 kids (1.5 yr old and 6 yrs) and very fidgety, so i fret how the situation would be on a long haul flight from Cochin to Sydney. Plan is to stay for a 5-7 days at most.

Almost all online bookings top results with AirAsia, but with a budget airlines i was wondering if the experience is going to be more hassle and red eyes or if i should choose some other airlines. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers
GJ
You are right mate, Airasia would top most of the budget fares. Debate would always be there between comfort and price. If I was you, I would take less of a chance since two kids are accompanying you. Check reviews of Airasia, if the price difference is not steep, then preferably choose a regular comfort airline.

·
Registered
25,724 Posts
Malaysian airlines were offering very competitive fares to Australia from India

Don't know if still available

Worth exploring

Cheers

·
Registered
618 Posts
Malaysian airlines usually have long transit periods. Singapore Airlines on the other hand is more comfortable, has decent flight times and is a good flight to fly on!

Reactions: gjforaus

·
Registered
21 Posts
From Cochin, options are:

1. AirAsia - Full Route
2. TigerAir/Scoot - Full Route
3. AirAsia to Kualalumpur. Then Malaysian Airlines
4. TigerAir to Singapore. Then British Airways / Qantas / Singapore Airlines.
5. Silk Air/Singapore Airlines - Full Route

1 and 2 are budget airlines and not very comfy. Scoot has business class which is better.

If budget is not an constraint, choose SilkAir (The Best)

Hi

Cheers
GJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any feedback on using thai airways. I saw the rates as slightly below Singapore but more than Malayasian Airlines

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Any feedback on using thai airways. I saw the rates as slightly below Singapore but more than Malayasian Airlines

Silk Air-Singapore Airlines is best in terms of comfort ,price, safety.
Malaysian Air- Ok
But Thai Airways........Never by me, had worst experience once.

Choose the good one as you are flying with kids.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.