Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,603 Posts
They told the Philippines a couple years ago (News) they were going to build a resort there...Lol and as you can see there's no protestors but we hit the same area with one of our wooden bottomed (Mine finder boats) and get fined in the Millions, dismantle and destroy the boat to appease the Anti-American protesters (Didn't work) only to have China completely cover this valuable reef, with mall and resorts.

So my question is... who wants Americans to fight and die for this cause? Answer; It's the average Philippine citizen, comments from them are... why doesn't America help us and were looking after our own interests and partnership with China, with comments like that I don't see any changes happening any time soon, they fail to see the political/class warfare happening with their own country.

If successful I see more of these resorts put together by destroying reefs. You don't have to wonder where they'll get the girls, employee's... China has a severe shortage of women, just another thought, so another money maker for the Philippine citizen and possibly an answer for many Chinese men.

·
Super Moderator
3,603 Posts
The local news had pictures of the structure but I couldn't find it, it's on the Mischief reef, China has been building that spot for 19 years, Lol and there's another reef they have been building up called the Burgos reef.

The best photo I could find of the Mischief reef was from the local news video here, apparently this huge multilevel complex it larger than the Mall of Asia in the Philippines, jokingly called the "Mala-Mall" Lol.

Istruktura ng China sa Burgos Reef, mala-mall na ang laki | 24 Oras | GMA News Online

And then a before and after photo 19 years of reclamation.

New images bare China's expansion on Mischief Reef, South China Sea | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
They told the Philippines a couple years ago (News) they were going to build a resort there...Lol and as you can see there's no protestors but we hit the same area with one of our wooden bottomed (Mine finder boats) and get fined in the Millions, dismantle and destroy the boat to appease the Anti-American protesters (Didn't work) only to have China completely cover this valuable reef, with mall and resorts. QUOTE]

I think the U.S ship hit a reef on the east side of Palawan, in the Tubbataha North Reef area, while Mischief reef is west of Palawan, in the Spratly Islands.

This link is to a site which explains what the 200 nautical mile Exclusive Economic Zone allows a country and helps one better understand why it benefits a country to want to claim an island.
What is the EEZ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts