Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, new to the Forum...
Before registering I took my time to go over numerous Forums (Cyprus) trying to find some info about private instrument teaching in Cyprus (Larnaca more precisely). Needless to say, I couldn't find what I was looking for and it is this: do you know if Private Tutors there GO to the students' homes or students COME to the teacher's home? How exactly do kids there learn an instrument (Piano and Keyboard in particular)? Do they learn it at school, or go to Music Centres, or....how exactly does that happen? I would appreciate any input from parents or friends of parents who have kids learning instruments. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi there, new to the Forum...
Before registering I took my time to go over numerous Forums (Cyprus) trying to find some info about private instrument teaching in Cyprus (Larnaca more precisely). Needless to say, I couldn't find what I was looking for and it is this: do you know if Private Tutors there GO to the students' homes or students COME to the teacher's home? How exactly do kids there learn an instrument (Piano and Keyboard in particular)? Do they learn it at school, or go to Music Centres, or....how exactly does that happen? I would appreciate any input from parents or friends of parents who have kids learning instruments. Many thanks in advance.
Music in Cyprus is part of the national curriculum, but individual instruments are not taught beyond the recorder. There is a big tradition here of private lessons (in all subjects) and no shortage of classically trained pianists giving lessons either at private school centers, at pupil's homes, or set up at a home base to which students attend. Most of the standard examinations are covered here, Royal School of Music, Royal Academy and Trinity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Music in Cyprus is part of the national curriculum, but individual instruments are not taught beyond the recorder. There is a big tradition here of private lessons (in all subjects) and no shortage of classically trained pianists giving lessons either at private school centers, at pupil's homes, or set up at a home base to which students attend. Most of the standard examinations are covered here, Royal School of Music, Royal Academy and Trinity.
Many thanks for the concise info. Brilliant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts