Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am moving with my family to kelowna in a couple of months, and wanted to know about peoples experiences of childcare in canada, and particularly kelowna. My two children are 20 months and 3 years old, and given that school does not start until their fifth year would like some sort or early education to get them used to the system. Can anyone give me an insight in to how the preschool period works in Canada or indeed recommend any preschool facilities in Kelowna?
Thanks for your help.
Fran Nutley

·
Registered
28 Posts
pre school

Hi,
I am moving with my family to kelowna in a couple of months, and wanted to know about peoples experiences of childcare in canada, and particularly kelowna. My two children are 20 months and 3 years old, and given that school does not start until their fifth year would like some sort or early education to get them used to the system. Can anyone give me an insight in to how the preschool period works in Canada or indeed recommend any preschool facilities in Kelowna?
Thanks for your help.
Fran Nutley[/QUOTE

Hi Fran,
there are a number of pre schools in town.
I belive pre school starts at age 4,my daughters go to Kelowna christian school that has first class pre school teachers.Both my daughters went at age 4 and really enjoyed there time there.
I know they get booked up pretty early,but you would have plenty of time if you wanted them to attend there.
It is based in the mission area of Kelowna on Gordon rd.
You could always contact Kelowna city hall for more details as all pre schools would need to be licensed.
Pre schools have a number of options,my girls went for 3 mornings a week,i belive you can choose 2 mornings a week also or even 5 full days.
School hours are between 9 am and 3 pm .
Hope this helps a little ,you will love Kelowna,we have been here nearly 10 years now and have loved every second of our time here.
Let me know if you will be looking for a home and i can put you in touch with a realtor,also one thing to remember,when you change your sterling into Canadian,do not use a bank,they rip you off on the exchange rate,this can make a big diffrence,there are a number of currency exchange companies in Kelowna that give you a much better rate.
The HSB bank have a sterling account facility that you can transfer sterling into ,then change your money as you need to and get better rates.
Check the net for the HSB in town here,there are a couple of branches.
Good look with your move,seems you will be here for the spring,awesome time of year to arrive

regards Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi Fran,
We only have experience with one pre-school, which is Kelowna Christian School, pre-school starts @ 3yrs, usually 3 half days per week. The church also run a daycare center for ages upto 5yrs, that can be full time if needed. The church is Evangel Church on Gordon drive, Kelowna. The school is on the same premises.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.