Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I'd like to hear your opinion about the chance of getting a visa...my father applied for me (24) and my 2 sisters (17 and 18) years old on 15/Feb and we did medicals on 13/sep...we have lodged almost all the documents requested apart from dependency proofs and the AOS. That's because my dad used to pay stuff for us through different people..and there is no receipts to prove it. In the last email CO told me it's important to provide these documents but i answered that I'm not able to do it.
In your opinion is there any chance to get the visa granted? It's the first time I deal with the Australian embassy (in Amman) and things seemed to me very complicated.
Thanks
M

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is a very difficult situation, as they do require the necessary proofs in order for your visa grant to be straightforward. If you are not able to provide them with what they need, you will be relying on their discretion as to whether you are classed as a genuine dependent.
That doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done, for instance they could go a different route such as asking for statutory declarations, but you will have to wait & see. It is complicated but that doesn't mean it's impossible, good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply Shingle. They actually told me to write a statement for every document I'm not able to issue. And they also asked me to lodge the original documents last month at the embassy. It should now passes to the assessment step which I hope it won't take much time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts