Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 2107 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can share aprox. processing time for Australia Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi i think you are from Sri Lanka. I have applied the same & they advised me approx 10 months. But i believe this too long. Was it granted for you? How long it took?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i think you are from Sri Lanka. I have applied the same & they advised me approx 10 months. But i believe this too long. Was it granted for you? How long it took?

Thanks.
Hi,

Your guess is right. I'm from Sri Lanka. I got my Child VISA in 5 Weeks time. But I lauched my application in Dubai, not in Sri Lanka. Not sure whether SL process the VISA as fast as Dubai does. I have already moved to Ausi by now.

Good luck !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations! Thats great. Even i am staying in Dubai & i didn't think it serious. Now they says it can go up to 10 months. Anyway i don't have any option either.

How do feel about move from Dubai to Ausi?

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
550 Posts
So of 101 takes 10 months to process, is there some kind of a 'temporary visa' that one can take for the baby until then? Or should the whole family defer travel to australia until the baby too gets the 101 visa? Of course, parents can always leave the baby with grand-parents and fly without the baby to Australia until baby gets 101. But I will never do such a thing.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

S

·
0 Posts
You could try and get the child a tourist visa to enable them to move with you. It would mean notifying your CO of what you are doing so they can let you know when then visa is going to be granted so one of you can take the child offshore for it to be granted. Could be costly with the flights and you would need to be sure the child & whoever was taking them was able to get a visa for wherever you took them offshore!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am doubt that we can apply visit visa once visa application submitted for Offshore 101. That would be an best option if we are sure about the visa grant period and CO is been allocated. So far i don't have any CO and as advised by the Consulate, child visa will be processed from Consulate only. Even i checked with my CO who granted the visa for us and he advised me to go through local Consulate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As Shel mentioned, You can opt for taking your child as a tourist since it doesn't have an impact on your off shoe visa. However, it might incur more complexities in addition to money. In addition, You also need to think about any consequences when you are applying for citizenship after 4 years. Therefore, it would be good to allocate adequate time for visa process and plan the rest accordingly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can share aprox. processing time for Australia Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101).

Thanks in advance.

Achala

I wonder you received your child's visa by now ? I also applied for my son in last October, still I didn't get the decision though the Assurance of Support also has been approved about 2 weeks ago. Please inform me any developments. We are in Melbourne.

Regards

Earnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Earnie, I received my child visa in 1st week of May 2011 it took me only 5-6 weeks and already moved to Melbourne too. :)

Achala

I wonder you received your child's visa by now ? I also applied for my son in last October, still I didn't get the decision though the Assurance of Support also has been approved about 2 weeks ago. Please inform me any developments. We are in Melbourne.

Regards

Earnie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Achala

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I am bit confused with the date you applied and where you applied from ? Has it taken 5-6 weeks or months ? You mentioned that you received it in year 2011. Is that correct too please ?

Thanks

Earnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Earnie,

I launched my application on 22/03/2011 in Dubai and received the grant letter during 1st week of May 2011 itself.

Regards,
Achala

Achala

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I am bit confused with the date you applied and where you applied from ? Has it taken 5-6 weeks or months ? You mentioned that you received it in year 2011. Is that correct too please ?

Thanks

Earnie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Achala for the information. It will be much appreciated if someone has recent experience over applying child subclass 101 from Sri Lanka and got results would share the process including how long it has taken to decide.

Thanks for sharing information

Earnie

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks.
Hi

I lodged my son's 101 visa application from Sri Lanka on 05 Oct 2011 and received the visa on 10 May 2012. Approximately 7 months.

Regards

Earnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm waiting for my SON's visa approval - Sub class 101.

Date of lodgment ;01/03/2012
COA:16/04/2012
Requested additional documents and we sent the documents on 13/05/2012.
got a reply form caseofficer that Application has been assessed and is in queue for decision.
looks like it has been forwaded to senior case officer and in queue... waiting for decision... plz share if some one has same experience ... or any idea about timeframe...........?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here , Queued for decision

We too are waiting for my son visa 445. I think all child visas (445, 101 etc) are on hold now. Not sure when they will look but it would have started on July 01st 2012 according to new delhi website. Totally disappointed with visa system and weird rules(like 10yr police reports even when my pr granted 8 yrs ago with police records, must be outside australia for decision making, immediate family infant visitor visas only for 3 or 6 months, not long term). Family migration should be given high priority.

DOL 08/01/2012
CO assigned: 29/02/2012
Docs sent : 24/04/2012
Queued for Decision: 26/04/2012

still waiting...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Shashank / Ausking,

I hope you can share some more info.

I am interested to know

1) From where you lodged the application
2) What all documents they asked you for this.

I live in Duabi and as posted by some of the other members, their experience was otherwise ...

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Currently we have received an invite to apply for the 190 and we have a baby on the way. The kid will be born only after we receive the visa and will need to be added to our PR.

Does it take 14 months as specified in the immi website? Is there a way we can delay our application and add the child to our existing application?

We are extremely confused. Please help.

S

·
0 Posts
If the baby will be born after your visa is granted go to Australia and give birth there, the child will then be a citizen.

1 - 20 of 2107 Posts