Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just a quick question.

I am married to an American here under a spouse visa, I am British and we now have a little girl who was born here in the UK. I was wondering whether I can claim Child Tax Credits for her because on the form I have to include a lot of data about my American Wife but it seems this may be violating the "No Recourse to Public Funds". So I don't want to violate any conditions obviously and was wondering whether I could claim Tax Credits for our little girl....

Thanks for your time!

Dave

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can claim CTC (your wife can't) and application must be done jointly with your wife. Provided you disclose she is subject to immigration control with no recourse to public funds, you are in the clear and Home Office understands and is happy with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa, thanks for the reply, one more question, do I put myself or my wife as the main carer? She is at home with our child most of the time while I work, this might imply that she is claiming and thus breach the "no recourse to public funds" and dont want to do that!

Thanks for your time

Dave

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Provided you disclose she is subject to immigration control, it doesn't really matter who the main carer is. The application is always made jointly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.