Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum,

I was recently approved for 190 NSW Sponsorship and is about to file my PR application. Currently, I am on 457 Visa and my family consists of my wife, my son and new borne baby daughter. I had filed with Indian Consulate the passport for my baby. This was filed 4 weeks before and till now there is no trace of the same. I was told it will take another 4 weeks to arrive.

Already, I got the sponsorship from NSW one month before and now am in risk of crossing the maximum time allowed to file for PR, if I wait for my baby's passport.

It would be great if anybody can share their experience under similar circumstances, how to handle this scenario.

More specifically my questions are;

a) Can I file for PR application by including me, my wife and son alone?
b) If I file like above, and what will happen if I get my baby's Indian passport before the CO is allocated? Can I file some amendment and add?
c) What will happen, if the PR application gets processed and I obtain the passport of my baby later. I believe, the cost per child is $880 if I include in the application along with me. What will be the cost, if I need to file seperatly for my child

Appreciate, if anybody can provide their inputs.

Regards

KVNS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Forum,

I was recently approved for 190 NSW Sponsorship and is about to file my PR application. Currently, I am on 457 Visa and my family consists of my wife, my son and new borne baby daughter. I had filed with Indian Consulate the passport for my baby. This was filed 4 weeks before and till now there is no trace of the same. I was told it will take another 4 weeks to arrive.

Already, I got the sponsorship from NSW one month before and now am in risk of crossing the maximum time allowed to file for PR, if I wait for my baby's passport.

It would be great if anybody can share their experience under similar circumstances, how to handle this scenario.

More specifically my questions are;

a) Can I file for PR application by including me, my wife and son alone?
b) If I file like above, and what will happen if I get my baby's Indian passport before the CO is allocated? Can I file some amendment and add?
c) What will happen, if the PR application gets processed and I obtain the passport of my baby later. I believe, the cost per child is $880 if I include in the application along with me. What will be the cost, if I need to file seperatly for my child

Appreciate, if anybody can provide their inputs.

Regards

KVNS
Hi KVNS

I have a similar situation. My186 visa has been put on hold so that my new born son can be included (IMMI told me that I have to apply as a family unit, cannot apply for new born later). I have applied for the Indian passport at Sydney consulate just last week and have been told that the passport will have to be printed in India and no timeframe can be provided for the same.

I discussed this with IMMI and they told me that they will wait until my baby's passport is processed but cannot proceed with the visa until I provide the passport.

I suppose your best option is to discuss your situation with IMMI on e-mail (I get a different reply whenever I discuss such things on phone with them) and see what they suggest.

Just out of curiosity, did you discuss with the Indian consulate about the timeframes on passport or just with VFS? I see that VFS replies are usually scripted, however the consulate gives more accurate information in such specific cases.

Cheers
CS

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CS,

Thanks for the repl. I got my daughter's passport just 3 days before. It took approximately 25 days. You are right, the reply from VFS is scripted. So, I had directly contacted Indian consulate and explained the scenario. They had not assured anything, but said that the passport had to come from India. But finally, when the passport came, they directly called me and informed that passport is ready and go and collect it from VFS or otherwise they will instruct the same to be couriered to m address.

Cheers
KVNS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi KVNS

That's great!! Good luck with your visa.

May I ask you what is the issue date on the passport you received 3 days back. I called the consate yesterday and they told me that my son's passport had been issued last Tuesday and is now just waiting printing and dispatching from New Delhi. Probably your issue date will give me and idea on how much time it takes after the passport is issued to get printed and sent to Sydney.

Thanks
CS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts