Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I along with my two children who are below 16 years of age have received our naturalization certificates.
I have completed and paid for my application for British Passport. However, while I was filling the application form for my children, in the end it asks to send the documents which includes- naturalisation certificate, Passports (new& old)and certificate of parental responsibilities any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements). I understand that this is Birth certificate but wanted to confirm before I send the documents.
Please can anyone who have already successfully applied confirm this?

Thank you

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
A Parental Responsibility Order is an order under the Children Act 1989, which fathers can apply for when they are not married or in a civil partnership with the mother and the mother refuses to allow the father to be registered or re-registered on the birth certificate, or refuses to sign a Parental Responsibility ..

If you are the biological parent of the children, your name is on their birth certificate, they live with you etc then you don't need a certificate of parental responsibility.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Parental Responsibility Order is an order under the Children Act 1989, which fathers can apply for when they are not married or in a civil partnership with the mother and the mother refuses to allow the father to be registered or re-registered on the birth certificate, or refuses to sign a Parental Responsibility ..

If you are the biological parent of the children, your name is on their birth certificate, they live with you etc then you don't need a certificate of parental responsibility.
Thank you so much Crawford for your confirmation. I can go ahead and finish the application now.
Thanks once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts