Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is Dutch passport holder exercising treaty rights in UK since 2011 (6 yrs). She gained her permanent residence document in May 17 (9 months ago). I myself non-EEA citizen and holding EEA family permit on the basis of my wife from last 6 months.

Our child was born last week...my question is to check whether we can apply for british passport for our child as my wife is holding permanent residence document before the birth of our child.

Thank you

·
Registered
39,033 Posts
Your child is British citizen otherwise than by descent. So just apply for her British passport.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My wife is Dutch passport holder exercising treaty rights in UK since 2011 (6 yrs). She gained her permanent residence document in May 17 (9 months ago). I myself non-EEA citizen and holding EEA family permit on the basis of my wife from last 6 months.

Our child was born last week...my question is to check whether we can apply for british passport for our child as my wife is holding permanent residence document before the birth of our child.

Thank you
British passport application fees will go up on 27 March 2018. The cost of a child British passport will increase from £49 to £58.50. The OP should apply for his child's British passport ASAP.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home-office-proposes-changes-to-passport-application-fees

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.