Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This query is mainly about Adelaide but friends living in other places can also reply.

1) Is there any particular forum or website where we can find, compare and shortlist the child care centres in the town? How do you go about selecting one among many apart form your geographic criteria? Do they have any ratings or reviews somewhere?

2) I heard that most of the day care centres have long waiting list/queue. We only got to know about it now. So, is there any alternative choice for us other than waiting for 8-10 months until we get our turn?

3) What is the typical practice for child's admission registration (booking) in advance? Do we have to pay any fees upfront?

4) Guys from Adelaide - can you suggest some good child care centres?

Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Find answers inline.

Hi All,

This query is mainly about Adelaide but friends living in other places can also reply.

1) Is there any particular forum or website where we can find, compare and shortlist the child care centres in the town? How do you go about selecting one among many apart form your geographic criteria? Do they have any ratings or reviews somewhere?
Search google for reviews about the child care near your place of residence. Check with local parents.

2) I heard that most of the day care centres have long waiting list/queue. We only got to know about it now. So, is there any alternative choice for us other than waiting for 8-10 months until we get our turn?
No choice, apply at multiple places and keep fingers crossed. Even if you get a lot for one day then get in and expand from there on.

3) What is the typical practice for child's admission registration (booking) in advance? Do we have to pay any fees upfront?
You have to fill out some forms and I do remember paying some money in advance, not much about $200.
4) Guys from Adelaide - can you suggest some good child care centres?
No clue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1) Yeah nationmaster ranks day care centres based on their accreditation. You just put in your address and it gives the surrounding ones and splits them up by type. You just have to jump down to day cares (under family score). You can get the raw info from the mychild website. It has availability too though I've found it's never up to date.

Note also the top level of accreditation is only if the day care centre applied for it. The next level down they can be just as good.

2) If it's anything like NSW, there's a lot of family day cares so there's more chance of getting in. The first day care that accepts your child might not be very good anyway.

3) If it's like NSW, there's a bond of a few weeks just in case you go into arrears.

4) Whereabouts in Adelaide are you?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sydney child care centres

hi,

I will be making a move with my family in Sydney in October this year. I have a 3 years old daughter and i will need to put my daughter in a day care and therefore my questions are below:

- What are general child care rates in living areas away from city in suburbs, on a day basis?

- Do the rates vary a lot based where you Live in suburbs?

- Are these care CCTV enabled which can be hooked to one's Smartphone?

Any other stuff that I am missing?

Please appreciate if someone can answer?

Amit

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It's average $100 per day in NSW.

Girl Aussie

- What are general child care rates in living areas away from city in suburbs, on a day basis?

Any other stuff that I am missing?

Please appreciate if someone can answer?

Amit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Amit

I think it varies between about $50 and $170

Massively. Child care workers typically live further out (they're not paid much) and demand is much greater than supply, so they can charge whatever they like in richer suburbs.

I've not heard of that. I would imagine there'd be privacy objections by the workers. Some use Kinderloop. Check that out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Amit

I think it varies between about $50 and $170

Massively. Child care workers typically live further out (they're not paid much) and demand is much greater than supply, so they can charge whatever they like in richer suburbs.

I've not heard of that. I would imagine there'd be privacy objections by the workers. Some use Kinderloop. Check that out.
Thanks Spincer10

·
Registered
37 Posts
What is the average daycare cost in ADL.
Can anyone care to share some information.

Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the average daycare cost in ADL.
Can anyone care to share some information.

Thank you
H Odraodra, the average daycare cost here in Adelaide is anywhere between 72-100 AUD per day generally. Though you can apply for Centerlink child care benefits and the fee can be lesser for you, if you are on PR. but that can take couple of months. You have to apply to day-care centres and everyone have their own waiting list forms. Initially mychild website can provide some insights but don't trust the vacancies there but can check for the approved daycares. If the daycares are not approved, you will not receive any rebate from Centerlink.
Hope that will help.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts