Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Please shed some light on my point.
I want to ask what happens if a child is born before visa is granted but after applying for visa, 2 options in my mind
• Inform DIAC and send his/her passport, birth certificate etc and baby will get visa along with parents, baby is born outside Australia so no chance of nationality.
• Need to file another visa (Child Visa), need to pay more money, more wait and more tension.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Shafaqat:

This one:
Inform DIAC and send his/her passport, birth certificate etc and baby will get visa along with parents, baby is born outside Australia so no chance of nationality.

As soon as you have the birth certificate apply for a Passport. You can inform DIAC before you have the PP but the baby can't be on the visa until he/she has a PP.

Good Luck :)

Hi all
Please shed some light on my point.
I want to ask what happens if a child is born before visa is granted but after applying for visa, 2 options in my mind
• Inform DIAC and send his/her passport, birth certificate etc and baby will get visa along with parents, baby is born outside Australia so no chance of nationality.
• Need to file another visa (Child Visa), need to pay more money, more wait and more tension.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
well the second case applies if you have applied for the visa and have been granted already. in that case it takes about 3 months tops. a friend did it and it took them 3 months from acquiring the pp and the visa.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well the second case applies if you have applied for the visa and have been granted already. in that case it takes about 3 months tops. a friend did it and it took them 3 months from acquiring the pp and the visa.
I will tell you from my personal experience. I got my CO when my wife was around 8 weeks pregnant. CO had asked me for the medicals and PCC and had given me a tentative date.

My child was born in between so I wrote to CO in a change of circumstances form with a copy of Child's Birth Certificate as a temporary proof for the baby. Also requested CO to extend the deadline as baby's passport would take around 1 month here in India. ( I had submitted reciepts of passport application and PCC)

CO readily agreed and extended my tentative date by 2 months.

Hope this makes things clear as you might be in a similar situation.

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
It would be good to inform the CO. The CO has some discretion on the grant of the visa date and you can have it granted after the baby is born so everyone can come on the one visa.

Also for health reasons of the mother many airlines do not allow travel during the last trimester of pregnancy or the first few days/weeks of a babys birth without a written approval from a doctor.

Do i need to inform DIAC when the baby is expected? or something related to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts