Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me as an EU citizen living in france are we entitled to child benefits when having children,like in ireland and the UK?. I cant seem to find anything on english websites...am getting there with the french websites but still to learn...If so what is the monthly benefit now?

thanks alot.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Contact your local CAF (Caisse d'Allocations Familiales) armed with all info re your income and kids. They will advise.

If you think they're advising wrongly, contact your local Assistant(s) Social(e), who will work things out for you. They're normally available either via your kids' school or at a Centre Medico-Social.

Child Benefit here isn't an absolute amount as it is in the UK. It all depends upon your personal circumstances (ie your income, their ages, whether they're semi-orphaned, etc etc)

Hope this helps.

H

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me as an EU citizen living in france are we entitled to child benefits when having children,like in ireland and the UK?. I cant seem to find anything on english websites
I have a link to a site that is in many languages, but I can't post it since I don't have enough posts. So I 'll reply again.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me as an EU citizen living in france are we entitled to child benefits when having children,like in ireland and the UK?. I cant seem to find anything on english websites...am getting there with the french websites but still to learn...If so what is the monthly benefit now?

thanks alot.
It still won't let me paste the link. So add the "www" and take out the spaces:
http://www.cleiss.fr/docs/regimes/regime_france/an_3.html

There are also payments during pregnancy/having a child. From what I've gathered, the child benefit is greater in the UK for 1 or 2 children (there's no benefit in France for one child), but it's better in France for 3 or more children.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.