Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Sorry if this question is a repeat, I did search the forums but couldn’t find any exactly comparable situations.

Background – I am sponsor with a de facto partner and 2 children, all of whom who recently got FLR M. We have been in the UK almost 3 years.

I work (sole income) and my partner is a “stay at home” mother.

We heard on the radio that we should apply for child benefit in her name so that she qualifies for NI contributions and therefore gets her state pension entitlement.

Note, my income is such that we would not actually receive any funds under the benefit.

Is this something that we should go ahead with or would it conflict with the “no public funds” rules under FLR M?

Hope this question makes sense, many thanks.

Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I am no expert but struggling with similar CB questions myself. From what I understand, if your wife is subject to no recourse to public funds then the claim can not be in her name (unless there are exceptions)

I recently applied for and was given CB for my step daughter who is a dependant 'no recourse to public funds'. I told CB/HMRC that both my wife and stepdaughter status and sent in BRP with application.

However, I recently read that I should not be applying for CB for dependant, although other threads give a different opinion.

Hope I have not screwed my spouse next application!!

Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply

I never did apply for child benefit, mainly due to paranoia about it impacting my partner's ILR application late next year.

That decision may well cost us quite a bit in the long run too :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.