Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me I am in chiclana de la frontera looking at property, have viewed
some properties with sunshinegroup a lady called Maya have been told to ask on this forum about her as she is famous apparently, and it was implied for all the wrong reasons, anyone heard of her and her husband peter they are German thanks helen

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Nope!! I've done a quick search of the forum and none of those names come up. See if anyone else on here knows of them. they'll be more people on here in the morning

Jo xxxx

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Never heard of them but this seems to be their website - SunshineGroup Costa de la Luz properties

I just had a look to see if they were anything like the German couple my daughter got her first flat from. Difference was it was the lady herself who told us over and over how outstandingly good she was, and barked so many questions at us to see if we were good enough!

Just wondered because our German ladies website went down for maintenance almost a year ago and has never been resurrected.

Are you thinking of renting or buying? If in any doubt, steer well clear there's plenty property available.

·
Administrator
36,849 Posts
I've had a bit of a forumsearch & can't find anything either :confused2:

I wonder why you were told to come here, specifically for that purpose?

I'll have a deeper search later

the only thing I know about Chiclana is that there are an extraordinary number of illegal properties there

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are thinking of buying a property in Chiclana firstly go for the urbanised areas, There are many illegal houses in Chiclana, however there are also a lot of properties that are on the urbanised plan but have not been urbanised as yet this is something that can catch you out. Good advice rent first buy later. Also get yourself a good Abogado outside of Chiclana, with no vested interest in the town, works a lot better for you in the long run. Dont get pulled in by dodgy estate agents or those that dont have an office. Established estate agents are by far the best to use IMO especially in these torrid times.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi

Most estate agents have people who will say bad things about them. I have heard of Maya in the past, but not recently, but then again, not much is selling round here.

The Town Plan was annulled so we are on the 1987 town plan which means a lot of properties are back on protected land. I have no doubt that the new town plan (if it is ever made legal) will reinstate the status quo - but it may be sometime away

Dave Fisher

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
If you are thinking of buying a property in Chiclana firstly go for the urbanised areas, There are many illegal houses in Chiclana, however there are also a lot of properties that are on the urbanised plan but have not been urbanised as yet this is something that can catch you out. Good advice rent first buy later. Also get yourself a good Abogado outside of Chiclana, with no vested interest in the town, works a lot better for you in the long run. Dont get pulled in by dodgy estate agents or those that dont have an office. Established estate agents are by far the best to use IMO especially in these torrid times.
Indeed, and often the answer is that they are going to approve the urbanisation. However they have been saying this for years, and there were big figures being talked about to be charged to house owners to do that.

Bearing in mind the amount of property that is available in Spain, if I were buying in Spain today, Chiclana would be a place I would not be looking at. The ones that ARE illegal unfortunately tarnish the ones that are legal as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts