Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dr appt scheduled for me by OFII on Sept 16th. I am to bring various medical documentation. Have everything applicable to me minus recent chest X-rays.

This (I hope) is the last leg of the route to my year-long carte de sejour. I do not want any further hiccups or delays.

Should I find a local Dr to have this done to bring to my appt on the 16th? Or chance that they will just do it there for me?

Merci beaucoup!!! I SO APPRECIATE THIS SITE AND BEV'S (AND OTHERS) QUICK RESPONSES!

Judy

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've read that the chest X-ray is done during the appointment, so there's no need for you to have it done before hand. One less thing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Judy, Don't worry about it. I had mine in January of this year. They take care of it all for you. Just be sure to take any prescriptions you might be taking for the OFII doctor to see. By any chance, are you going to the one in Nancy? Any questions or concerns, just ask! Warm regards!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice! No, actually I live in Lyon.
I do appreciate all the friendly advice...reduces the stress of being a newbie expat. Merci!
Judy

·
Administrator
51,371 Posts
Traditionally, the immigrant medical exam ALWAYS includes a chest x-ray. If you don't have any recent ones (or like me, any at all), they'll do it there for you. We've had reports recently that they don't always require them any more. But it's kind of traditional and it would be a shame to lose this grand old tradition...:D

They also expect that everywhere else works like France. Here, when you have an x-ray done, they give it to YOU to retain for any later use. The labs and the doctors don't hang onto them. Just tell them they don't do things that way back in the US.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.