Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received a "cheque energy" from Ministere de la Transition Ecologique and I am very confused as to why Ihave received this. I've done as much translation as I can after scanning via OCR but I'm none the wiser. It also seems that this cheque can only be used for paying energy related expenses.

Has anyone else got one and if so, can you help with the explanation?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Congratulations, your tax revenues for last year were low enough to qualify for this. These are dished out automatically each year to those that qualify.

Best use for the cheque is to either send it to your electricity supplier or to register it through the Cheque d'Energie website against your account number then it will be used to pay towards your future electricity bills.

Then once registered with your supplier, this information is logged with the government and future cheques, if you remain eligible, will go to them directly until you choose to update to a new supplier.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations, your tax revenues for last year were low enough to qualify for this. These are dished out automatically each year to those that qualify.

Best use for the cheque is to either send it to your electricity supplier or to register it through the Cheque d'Energie website against your account number then it will be used to pay towards your future electricity bills.

Then once registered with your supplier, this information is logged with the government and future cheques, if you remain eligible, will go to them directly until you choose to update to a new supplier.
Thank you, that helps a lot. I sort of guessed that's what had happened but nice to get confirmation. I don't think I'll be getting another one though, taxes this year will be a lot higher.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thank you, that helps a lot. I sort of guessed that's what had happened but nice to get confirmation. I don't think I'll be getting another one though, taxes this year will be a lot higher.
Hi,
you can also use it to pay for fuel oil, wood, gas or "travaux de rénovation énergétique" as well as your electricity bill

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have received a "cheque energy" from Ministere de la Transition Ecologique and I am very confused as to why Ihave received this. I've done as much translation as I can after scanning via OCR but I'm none the wiser. It also seems that this cheque can only be used for paying energy related expenses.

Thanks
I received that also for 2018, the year I entered the French system. 2018 was an année blanche so no tax to pay.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Thanks
Can I ask, I’ve seen these cheques mentioned quite a bit on different sites. Does anyone know the ceiling of income that enables you to receive one?
Thank you
Lempzours

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
1,745 Posts
Can I ask, I’ve seen these cheques mentioned quite a bit on different sites. Does anyone know the ceiling of income that enables you to receive one?
Thank you
Lempzours
Le montant du chèque est d'au minimum 48 € et d'au maximum 277 €TTC. Ce montant varie en fonction du revenu fiscal de référence (RFR) de votre foyer et de votre consommation calculée en UC sachant qu'une personne constitue 1 UC, que la 2e personne constitue 0,5 UC, et que chaque personne supplémentaire constitue 0,3 UC.
Niveau de revenu fiscal de référence (RFR) par unité de consommation (UC)
MénageRFR inférieur à 5 600 € par UCRFR de 5 600 € à 6 700 € par UCRFR de 6 700 € à 7 700 € par UCRFR de 7 700 €à 10 800 € par UC
1 personne (correspond à 1 UC)194 €146 €98 €48 €
2 personnes (correspond à 1 UC + 0,5 UC)240 €176 €113 €63 €
2 personnes + 1 personne et plus (correspond à 1 UC + 0,5 UC + O,3 UC pour chaque personne supplémentaire)277 €202 €126 €76 €

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I linked onto the government page to register my cheque with my provider.
Not heard anything since.

Does anyone know if this will show up on my Energie account as a running total, or will it just be deducted off the bills?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Does anyone know if this will show up on my Energie account as a running total, or will it just be deducted off the bills?
Sent mine direct to the provider, no response yet

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
1,745 Posts

It should be deducted from your bill. I registered my cheque immediately early April and it will be deducted from this months bill. It should show up on your energie account as a payment you have made.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It should be deducted from your bill. I registered my cheque immediately early April and it will be deducted from this months bill. It should show up on your energie account as a payment you have made.
Ok, thanks.
I'll have another look at the account.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Found it, thanks. (y)

It's listed under 'Mes Factures' Periode en Cours.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found it, thanks. (y)

It's listed under 'Mes Factures' Periode en Cours.
I just got an email from the energy provider - they have deposited the cheque and it will be used to offset future bills until it is all used up.

Reactions: Clic Clac
1 - 15 of 15 Posts