Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I havent gone to the article but I can guess

When we first moved here one of the things we noticed was that there were no birds or butterflies. The crop sprayers came in their aircraft every year, and I guess they killed off all the insects that the birds feed on. I also remember myself being quite chesty after they had been spraying

I think it was 5 years ago they banned the airbourne crop spraying here, and year by year we have more birds, more butterflies etc etc. Its made a huge difference

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stravinsky said:
I havent gone to the article but I can guess

When we first moved here one of the things we noticed was that there were no birds or butterflies. The crop sprayers came in their aircraft every year, and I guess they killed off all the insects that the birds feed on. I also remember myself being quite chesty after they had been spraying

I think it was 5 years ago they banned the airbourne crop spraying here, and year by year we have more birds, more butterflies etc etc. Its made a huge difference
I know :( its pretty bad world wide... Caused my asthma to come on, now chemically sensitive, you need to read the link really tho to understand what type of chemical spraying I was referring to.
Going back to chemicals in general, household fresherers are some of the worse in the home, also spray deodorants... Xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts