Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is my final list of documents to be submitted shortly to Sheffield.
Would somebody mind please just giving it a final check to make sure we haven't missed anything important? I would be so grateful.
Also, it may serve for future reference for anyone else

By way of background:
Applicant: US husband, divorced, 1 daughter who lives with her mum in US
Sponsor: UK wife, earnings> £18600, (former) single parent, 1 son

A. Sponsor Information
1 Sponsor’s Letter of Introduction
2 Sponsor Passport copy
3 Sponsor's son's passport
4 Sponsor Copy Birth Certificate
5 Financial Info
5.1. Bank statements
5.2. Letter from bank re father (we held a joint account, I had my father removed)
5.3. Sponsor letter re bank statement (as above)
6 Evidence of Accommodations
6.1 Mortgage statements
7 Employment Information
7.1. Letter of Employment from company ABC
7.2 Employment Contract from ABC
7.3 P60
7.4 Payslips
7.5 Employer letter confirming authenticity of payslips

B. Applicant Information
8 Application
8.1 Completed Visa Form VAF4A
8.2 Completed Appendix form (VAF4A, App 2)
8.3. Biometrics Confirmation
8.4 Priority receipt from UKBA
9 9.1 Applicant’s Letter of Introduction
9.2 Applicant Passport
9.3 two color passport-sized photos
10 10.1 Applicant Passport copy
11 11.1. List of travel in last 10 years
12 12.1 Original Birth Certificate
13 13.1 Proposed flight itinerary to travel to UK in Dec 2013

C. Applicant-Sponsor Relationship

14 Marriage
14.1. Original Marriage License
14.2. Wedding photos
14.3. Divorce cert of Applicant
15 Intervening Devotion
15.1. Flight confirmations from visits
15.2. Gift Receipts
15.3. Yahoo e-mail log
15.4 Photos from visits spent together

and that's it- hopefully???

Thank you all again for all your support, the touch paper is about to be lit!!

:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the accommodation documents is there any documents showing the number of rooms and how many people living in the house..our first application was denied and they said"though you have given evidence that your sponsor is paying mortgage, you have not provided any evidence to show that the house is not overcrowded"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I did not provide any documentation.

However in the appendix VAF4A, q 2.5 we answered that there are 2 bedrooms. On q2.6 we further answered that there are another 3 rooms that are not kitchen, bathrooms or toilets.

There will be me, my son and my husband living there so not overcrowded.

Can anybody confirm if that is enough or do we need to provide further evidence of rooms?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
They would want a documentation to support what you write in the appendix document...that when issues of council inspection come in I think. Hope some expert will clarify this

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aaaaaaargh
I hope not
I can supply photos of rooms in house, but the only official doc mentioning the number of bedrooms i have is an inurance policy.

What to do??

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
If it's too late to get an inspection report, dig out the floor plan and description by estate agent when the house was bought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Priority receipt from UKBA should be on top of all other paperwork.
You need to provide copies of all original documents you want returned such as marriage and birth certificates.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Just read a previous post. You do understand that there is no guarantee that your letters of explanation regarding your joint account with your father will be accepted. Your best bet is to wait 6 months until your account has been in your name solely for 6 months.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My sons passport is to show he is a UK citizen ( he was born in spain).

We can remove my birth certificate as sponsor
Should we remove applicant birth certificate also?

Bank account , to cut a long story short I have had a joint account with my father since student days. This was in the days before Internet banking in order to enable him to help me when I was travelling if required. 5 of the 6 bank statements showed it was a joint account , I had him removed and included a letter from my bank to state that he has never made any deposits amd that the funds were entirely my own that I can support my husband with no 'outside' help.

Thanks for any other comments nyclon, dont know if we could have got this far without you guys.:eek:

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
But what nyclon says about bank statement is worth noting. Even with your explanation, Home Office may not accept your bank statement as eligible evidence until you have had it as single account for 6 months. The tendency nowadays is to go by the letter of the law and not to bend the rules even if perfectly good explanation is provided. The rule says only half the balance in a joint account with a third party (not your spouse/partner) will count, because they are legally entitled to half of it. Even if your father hasn't touched your account in years and has no intention to do so, they will conclude since he is legally entitled to half the amount, it's not a convincing proof of banking your income.

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes.

However I am not relying on my savings to demonstrate my financial status. My financial status is via my salary, which is well in excess of the 18.6k.
I am not certain how my bank statements are used other than to demonstrate that my salary goes in and correpsonds to my payslips, and my mortgage payments go out . What else is UKBA interested in? My actual monthly balance is always quite low, as i overpay my mortage each month. What exactly are they looking for in the payslips?

We have paid the application now so it's too late to withdraw at this stage without losing that fee...isnt it?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Yes, it's too late to withdraw without losing your fee.

You may meet the salary requirement by earning over £18,600/year but once it went into your bank account you didn't have sole control over the money. Despite the fact that you father may not have
accessed your account he was still entitled to access the account. As Joppa said legally he was entitled to half of what's in the account so UKBA can take the view that only 1/2 your salary counts towards meeting the requirement.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, as I am in the fortunate position where i earn more than twice the 18.6 k, even if the UKBA only account for half of my salary then I should be ok then. Is that correct?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Or they may conclude paying the salary into a joint account with your father doesn't meet the requirement of the salary being paid into your bank account.
So while you may meet the financial requirement of earning £18,600, you don't meet the evidential requirement of the salary being paid into an acceptable bank account, which must be in your sole name or jointly with your partner.

What is likely to happened is your application will be put on hold, and you are given the option of either to send in further documents (but the evidence must have been available at the time of original application), leave it as it is and wait until the UKBA appeal over financial requirement is heard, or withdraw your application and reapply with new evidence. In your case, since some of your salary during the six months in question was paid into an unacceptable bank account, you have no option but to withdraw your application, lose your fees and reapply once all your salary has been paid into your new single bank account for 6 consecutive month.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.