Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pls help me to get the complete checklist for visitor visa and what type of visa am i going to apply sinced tourist visa and my sponsor will be my fiance he will pay everything.do i need to provide some pictures of us together and plus some conversation of us?thats what the agency advice me earlier.

·
Registered
924 Posts
for a visitor visa, the main requirement is for you to convince UKVI of your purpose of visit and of your return to your home country, once the visit is completed.

Having a British fiancé will be seen as a negative as it will raise questions like- will you return to your home country after the visit, if your fiancé resides here?

What you need to do, in order to ensure a successful application is demonstrate your commitments and ties to your home country such as work, home rental agreements etc.

For this, you must provide the following-

Employment letter, stating the approved leave to visit UK
6 months payslips to show regular income
tenancy agreement for the house you live in or mortgage /bank papers.

Any other commitment to your home country that you can show such as shares, property, business ventures etc.

Then, you must adequately explain the purpose of your visit- to see your fiancé and whatever other travel plans you two have together. You must also, in your letter, explain briefly what your future plans are for marriage and settling down etc, so as to convince the ECO that you are not going to live in UK illegally with your partner, if that makes sense?

Other than that, the evidence you need to provide is a return flight ticket booking (you don't have to book , you can show them the tickets you intend to buy via a travel agent too), sufficient funds (6 moinths bank statements from your fiancé ) and evidence of where you intend to stay in the UK.

·
Registered
924 Posts
His company ID is not relevant to your application. If he is sponsoring your stay, he simply needs to prove sufficient funds. 6 months bank statements and 6 payslips suffice. no other employment information from him is required.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Where are you seeing this requirement? of conversations and pics? This is a visitor visa not a settlement visa. However, if you are being advised so by solicitors or professional immigration advisors then I would follow their advise.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can stay at his. He must provide evidence of ownership or rental agreement for the property. A bill in his name and a sponsorship letter specifying that he will pay for your trip as well as provide a place to stay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the invitation letter should be hand written or its ok if its done by a computer?is that all the documents he should send it to me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do i need a letter from my father to prove that my fiance was been here and propose marriage to me and a letter of my mother to prove that shes going to take care of my child?

·
Registered
924 Posts
You could, however, add in your own letter, that you have the responsibility of a child in your home country to return to and that your mother is looking after the child during your UK holiday. Add your mother's contact details, in case UKVI want double check.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where to put all my documents then?is it folder or envelope. Is true that i can send my documents to my fiances address so he could send it to sheffield sinced im applying just visitors visa?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My documents are:
Bank statements for 6 months plus i have slips of money gram
Birth certificate of my child
Pics of us and my fiance conversations
Rental contract
Prove of billing adress
My passport size photo
And my sponsors documents: