Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members

I will be starting for Australia next March. For some reason I will be landing in Melbourne but I want to move to Sydney. So can anyone please suggest the cheapest way to get to Sydney from Melbourne. If you are suggesting any air flights then kindly mention the rate including taxes and if the tickets can be bought through cash (as I will not be having any Australian credit card in my early days) from the airport.

Have a nice day everyone.

Faisal

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can also purchase using BPay (where you pay for the ticket right after you book with a transfer from your bank account, the airline will send you the account number and other info you need to make the payment).

All the airlines have good fares. Join their mailing lists and you'll get regular e-mails whenever they run sales.

The ones to look at for MEL-SYD (one way fares)
Tiger Airways $39+
Virgin Blue $69+
QANTAS $85+

Dear Members

I will be starting for Australia next March. For some reason I will be landing in Melbourne but I want to move to Sydney. So can anyone please suggest the cheapest way to get to Sydney from Melbourne. If you are suggesting any air flights then kindly mention the rate including taxes and if the tickets can be bought through cash (as I will not be having any Australian credit card in my early days) from the airport.

Have a nice day everyone.

Faisal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can also purchase using BPay (where you pay for the ticket right after you book with a transfer from your bank account, the airline will send you the account number and other info you need to make the payment).

All the airlines have good fares. Join their mailing lists and you'll get regular e-mails whenever they run sales.

The ones to look at for MEL-SYD (one way fares)
Tiger Airways $39+
Virgin Blue $69+
QANTAS $85+
Hi Amaslam

Thanks for the option. But I do not have an Australian bank account yet. This will be my first visit. So is there any other option to pay by cash?

Best Regards

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, you could probably pay cash at a travel agency, first search online for the flight you want to book and then go to the travel agency to book that flight.

You can setup a bank account before you come to AU and then when you arrive you can access it upon arrival by going into the branch to activate it. Then you have BPay on your bank account.

Hi Amaslam

Thanks for the option. But I do not have an Australian bank account yet. This will be my first visit. So is there any other option to pay by cash?

Best Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts