Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour!

This is my second post in this forum. I would like to know please if you can help me to choose the cheapest way to receive money from Paris? Would it best to create an account in paypal? Or consider western union?

Merci beaucoup in advance.

Cheers,

Sabel 馃槉

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
I've had money sent to me via WU and that was easy. I also transfer money from my bank account in Australia to France via Transferwise. I find this fast and cheap.

Administrator
Take a look at Transferwise - but I noticed they can only send money in Philippine pesos, not receive it. However, depending on what you want to do and how large these transfers are, you'll have a better idea of whether they will suit your needs or not.

Depending on the amounts involved and the frequency of the transfers, you may want to go with an FX company. There is a good comparison site for all the major FX dealers here; Best Way to Send Money Abroad to UK, Europe, USA, Australia, Singapore, UAE & More
Cheers,
Bev

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had money sent to me via WU and that was easy. I also transfer money from my bank account in Australia to France via Transferwise. I find this fast and cheap.

Thank you for your response 馃槉
This is really helpful. I am thinking of a money transfer where I can get the money even after office hours. I think WU has a limitation in terms of schedule.

Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at Transferwise - but I noticed they can only send money in Philippine pesos, not receive it. However, depending on what you want to do and how large these transfers are, you'll have a better idea of whether they will suit your needs or not.

Depending on the amounts involved and the frequency of the transfers, you may want to go with an FX company. There is a good comparison site for all the major FX dealers here; Best Way to Send Money Abroad to UK, Europe, USA, Australia, Singapore, UAE & More
Cheers,
Bev
Merci for this Bev.. This is helpful and very detailed.

I have another query please, you think ot is another better option to just have an atm with online banking features? The sender is planning to transfer small amount of money like 25000 every 2 weeks.

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Sabel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Merci for this Bev.. This is helpful and very detailed.

I have another query please, you think ot is another better option to just have an atm with online banking features? The sender is planning to transfer small amount of money like 25000 every 2 weeks.

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Sabel

Hello everyone,

I just want to share that my beau successfully transferred a money from Paris to PH (free of charge) bank to bank. My bank in PH is BPI btw. The sender just need the receiver bank code and account no. And that's it!! For first time deposit it will take 3 days to credit the money in the account, but for the following consecutive deposit, it will be just real time

Hope this can help.

Cheers,

Sabel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts